Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Senior Java Software Engineer
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Suffolk, VA
You will work as a member of a NGTS team that supports the Joint Knowledge Online (JKO) program. You will assist JKO in the technical analysis, coding & development, and technical project management support required toenhance and fixthe JKO Learning Management System (LMS) software development and maintenanceon an on-site government led development team.
Familiarity with the Deputy Director J7 Joint Staff (DD J7 JS) technical infrastructure and the technical business processes used within the facility would provide a competitive advantage for this position, but is not mandatory.
You will be expected to implement configuration management procedures, analyze the JKO LMS code base and data structures, correct software deficiencies, improve performance, and document code.
Key deliverables include:
- Documentation of LMS software, database configuration and related software configurations;
- Error free LMS software (Java).It is understood that environmental factors may influence software performance and may be beyond the control of the software developer;
- Cyber securityRetina and Fortify scans andcyber securityaccreditation packages.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, or STEM related degree, and a minimum of 9 years of software engineering experience; 7 years with Masters degree; 4 years with a PhD.
- Software development experience in Java running on Red Hat Linux operating systems (both Java/Linux is required).
- Must have active Security+ certification to start.
- U.S. Citizenship and an Interim Secret Security Clearance is required to start.
- Masters or Doctorate in Computer Science orequivalent.
- Experience with Wildfly 16 or greater.
- Experience with development and administration in complex LMS software.
- Active Operating System certifications are a plus, as is VMWare certification.
- Experience with Joint Staff or DoD software development and networks.
- Experience with Prime Faces (best) or Rich Faces development frameworks.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.