Job ID: 2116370 Location:
KANSAS CITY , MO , US Date Posted:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public TrustPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is seeking a Senior Java Software Engineer to support the USDA customer in Kansas City, MO. This position can be worked 100% remote nationwide. We are seeking an individual who will create new user information solutions by designing, implementing and maintaining Java Enterprise Edition (JEE)-based Web components and interfaces within a Scrum team. Contribute to the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) by assessing functional and technical requirements, performing detailed design activities, writing testable and efficient code in support of those designs and testing completed implementations for functional and technical compliance prior to deployment. Update, maintain and add functionality to preexisting JEE-based information solutions.
Primary Job Duties
- Serve as a senior developer on a Scrum team consisting of developers and testers
- Decompose user specifications and technical designs provided by application architects to perform and monitor coding tasks within a Scrum team.
- Participate in, and document the results of, peer code reviews.
- Create SDLC-mandated project and product documentation.
- Debug and resolve application and data issues.
- Reports to a Scrum team lead, with additional oversight provided by project manager, application architects and technical lead.
- Mentor, coach and develop less-experienced team members.
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years or Master's degree and 6+ years of software development experience utilizing JEE.
- Must be able to obtain USDA public trust prior to starting.
- Must be US citizen or green card holder due to clearance requirements.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.