Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®, Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson’s® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Sherwin-Williams® branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places
The Senior Java Web Developer position is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of applications software in a service provider environment that supports the company business strategies and objectives. Provides technical consulting to management, business users, and technical associates and works closely with other developers as a mentor. As a technical specialist this position also works with engineers and architects in continuous improvement initiatives.
Strategy & Planning
- Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates a functional specification, and determines the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
- Work with Architecture role to review standards in determining the best design to meet project requirements. Responsible for implementing approved architecture design.
- Submit and review technical and process improvement recommendations as a member of the technical leadership team.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
- Design application and database components for development projects.
- Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
- Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
- Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
- Willingness and ability to train and teach other developers.
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Train and knowledge share with development teams.
- Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
- Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
- Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
- Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
- Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical web application problems and issues.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Minimal travel is required.
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years of IT related experience.
- 5+ years of experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Work with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
- 3+ years experience in an Enterprise Database Management System, preferably Oracle.
- 3+ years experience with Model-view-controller (MVC) architecture and Object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD).
- 2+ years experience in SOA and Webservices.
- 2+ years experience in Oracle Fusion Middleware technologies like ADF(or JSF), BPM is preferred.
- 2+ years experience in Webcenter or other Portal platform(s) is preferred.
- Advanced analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to translate an idea or need into a completed solution or work product.