The mobile engineers at Costar have a direct impact on highly visible applications that touch thousands of users daily. You are an integral part of an innovative and passionate team where your ideas will flourish and you will influence the $11 trillion commercial real estate industry - join us in changing the way the world of commercial real estate does business!
* A desire to learn and share. You enjoy learning technology and architecture advancements in node.js and share with the team. The thought of diving into challenges and bleeding edge technology excites you!
* A passion for quality. You want to be part of the team that produces highest quality restful web services using proven design patterns for a given problem and clean code principles!
* Love simplicity. You enjoy simplicity in design and implementation to complex problems.
* Design, Development, and implementation of scalable and performant back end REST services for mobile apps
* Build unit tests and integration tests for web services
* Be responsible for implementing backend services from concept to delivery for each sprint
* Be the evangelist for clean architecture, maintainable software and consistent design patterns
* Work well in fast paced and Agile development environment and drive continuous improvements
* Keep an eye on emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices that can be used to strengthen CoStar-s technology platform and development practices
* Work with app development teams and QA to deliver back end services on time and quality
* Strong knowledge of Node.js and Express framework
* Bachelor-s degree in computer science or related field (or comparable experience)
* Knowledge of C# would be a plus!
* Strong knowledge of unit testing patterns and practices
* Strong knowledge of asynchronous and Promise patterns
* Familiarity with SQL and relational databases will be a plus!
* Proficient understanding of versioning tools, such as GIT
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing