As a JS Architect, you will develop advanced front-end tools that allow our customers to build Business Intelligence applications for their stakeholders. You will directly interact with product management and other engineering teams, and you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and delivering enterprise-class browser-based applications for both internal- and external-facing consumers. You will be part of a dynamic team of engineers who are developing cutting edge technology that fuels the premier BI platform in the industry. Your work will be deployed to production and used by dozens of major corporations such as FedEx, US Bank, and Mastercard to help drive their business goals and service their customers.While your primary focus is on front-end technologies you take a systems approach to development, and design your work based on its implications across the full technology stack. You believe that good design is the key to good coding -- measure twice, cut once. You write excellent-quality code (if you do say so yourself), and understand how to create unit-tests for Java Script to ensure that regressions and bugs are minimized. Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the product owner, technical lead(s), product/UX designer, and other stakeholders to design, prototype and develop enterprise-class web applications.
- Maintain existing code and make improvements to increase maintainability, performance, and scalability.
- Support software rollouts to production.
- Constantly improve code quality and test coverage.
- Understand full-stack dependencies to minimize regressions and attain improved designs.
- Guide and mentor junior engineers. Serve as team lead if appropriate. Qualifications:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related subject.
- Experience with JQuery a plus.
- Experience with Java a plus.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks (Junit, Cypress, etc.) a plus.
- Passion for writing well composed, testable code with a focus on readability and maintainability.
- Experience with open source build/deployment tools like Maven, Jenkins etc. is a plus.
- Data modeling experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of modern accessibility requirements a plus.Information Builders helps organizations transform data into business value. Our software solutions for business intelligence and analytics, integration, and data integrity empower people to make smarter decisions, strengthen customer relationships, and drive growth. Our dedication to customer success is unmatched in the industry. Thats why thousands of leading organizations rely on Information Builders to be their trusted partner. Founded in 1975, Information Builders is headquartered in New York City, with offices around the world, and remains one of the largest independent, privately held companies in the industry.Information Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.