Purpose of Position:
- The Sr. Lead Solutions Architect is responsible for creating telematics platform architecture, application architecture, interface and service design, and overall detailed design of the core Telematics system.
- This position will evaluate business and system requirements, ensure technical feasibility, estimate development effort and implementation sequence, and provide technical guidance to the engineering team.
- This position will support and lead development efforts, performance engineering, and test automation.
- Collaborate with development team members to design and develop reusable telematics application platform architecture components that meet performance and scalability, extensibility and maintainability requirements
- Develop Java software modules using Java/JEE and database related technologies. Technical design and development of new features in the product.
- Propose Technical Architecture for existing or new products such as Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data, Cloud Infrastructure
- Work closely with Technical Operations team to translate requirements into high-quality, timely deliverables. Contribute as a strong hands-on technical member in project development activities.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to the engineering team to create designs, develop systems, resolve issues, and manage development schedule.
- Guide Technical Teams to create clean, unit-tested, and refactored code.
- Work with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the UI concept, interface design.
- Establish development environment and development guidelines (coding, code reviews, build etc.).
- Research new technology available, and recommend technical and architectural improvements.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written, designed, coded, tested, and debugged.
- Develop RESTful web-services that can support high-volume transactions.
- Support creating solution architecture for new business requirements in new markets.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to analyze requirements, clarify design dependencies, create test plans, and support functional and non-functional activities
- Support testing efforts by engaging in troubleshooting and providing solutions to issues.
Will also supervise & review deliverables from Lead Architect, Technical Team or Vendor Teams.
This job regularly and customarily applies discretion and independent decision-making in matters of importance. This position will have to make decisions impacting HATA Architecture Roadmap, Product Selection for solution Implementation, Solution Implementation Decisions
Level of responsibility for obtaining and/or supporting achievement of business results:
Perform Architecture Feasibility, generates alternatives, and recommends solutions to difficult Architecture problems. Creates System Architecture for existing or new products & solutions. Prioritizes own workload and may help prioritize the work of others.
Propose future Architecture Roadmap for HATA Products and Solutions.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Preferred: Master’s degree or Phd in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.
Related Work Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as an Architect in a large enterprise environment.
- 15+ years of overall experience in development / programming.
- Experience handling complex technical projects in a multi-vendor project environment.
- A well-developed understanding of the theory and principles of operation of the internet and packet data protocols.
- Perform Architecture Feasibility Study and Create pertinent architecture diagrams and documentation.
- Able to influence Technical Teams and arrive at consensus for technicals Issues
- Demonstrated experience in architecting highly available system supporting millions of transactions per day.
- Demonstrated experience in Java server side development, especially in Spring and related frameworks.
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- Exhibit appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with multiple stakeholders while coordinating their activities
- Demonstrated ability to root cause software failures
- Oracle, Weblogic development experience
- Exposure to RESTful web-services.
- Exposure to Agile development methodology.
Java EE Enterprise Architect / Certified SOA Architect / AWS certified Solution Architect
Required to use the following tools and equipment:
Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Visio, Enterprise Architect /Rational Rose or similar Modeling Tools, Familiarity with MS Project