Sr .NET - Web Service Developer
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. Our client cannot sponsor visa's at this tme.
Location: Bethesda, MD 6 months to possible perm
This is Very Senior Technical Role... 10 yrs exp...
In person interview required
- Develop, code, install, test, debug, and document new systems utilizing technologies such as Microsoft .Net 4.0, ASP.NET, C#.NET, SQL Server 2008/2012, XML Web Services
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated proficiency with software systems development, including ability to create, develop and modify code based upon operational requirements; demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of web services standards associated with XML, SOAP and WSDL along with proficiency in MS-SQL stored procedures, triggers etc.
- Review business requirements and technical design for completeness and accuracy; develop new functionality on existing software products.
- Experience with data modelling is preferred.
- Interact with analysts, production support and other project team members to understand the business and technical requirements; identify, recommend, and prioritize new features and applications in conjunction with business leaders and department managers.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing Web applications and site; work with database administrator to design, develop, and update databases as they relate to Web applications; participate in setting organizational Web development strategy; participate in the definition of Web site architecture and overall site structure.
- Follow policies and procedures for publishing Web pages and applications in conjunction with content creators. Conduct research into current and emerging Web technologies and issues in support of Web development efforts; ensure security of all Web sites and related applications.
- Monitor and report on Web site traffic and performance.
- Knowledge and experience working with code repository (Rational, VSS, TFS).
- 7+ years' experience and strong understanding of ASP.NET, C#, .NET and Web Services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, related field Current certifications (e.g. MCSD, MCP, etc.) preferred
- Thorough understanding of application development methodologies; comprehensive experience with structuring, developing, and implementing interactive Web sites and applications.
- Deep understanding of Web server applications (i.e. IIS) and process flow.
- Knowledge of database development, including Oracle 11 and SQL Server 2008/2012. Experience in analyzing business requirements; ability to understand and adapt to the organization's goals and objectives.
- Plus: Knowledge of SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013; 3rd party controls (Telerik, Infragistics). Visual Studio 2012; SharePoint 2013; HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, PhoneGap and web mobile technologies; SQL 2012.