Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is hiring a Senior Linux Administrator to support JSP-ETM activities at the Pentagon in Arlington, VA. Due to the nature of work that this role entails, telecommuting is not allowed.
This position will deploy, configure, test, and manage COTS products and customize tools to ensure applications meet documented Operations and Engineering program requirements. A typical day in this role will include:
• Administer various EMS applications that supports Engineering, Operations, and Security departments.
• Assist with the development of system architectures and project plans.
• Provide application maintenance patching, pilot testing, software upgrades, and deployment support of new software baselines for the Production environment.
• Serve as a liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
• Develop and maintain documentation such as SOPs on existing and new applications.
• Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
• Coordinates system development to include design, modeling, security, integration and formal testing.
• Manages and documents system configurations.
• Oversees the transition into production process.
• Creates and maintains programmatic and technical documentation to insure efficient planning and execution.
• Participate in special projects as required.
• Active Secret security clearance
• Current 8570 IAT Level II certification (i.e. Security+ CE, etc)
• Active certification with an Operating System.
• 5+ years of experience in systems engineering, administration, and analysis.
• Bachelor's Degree or work-related experience in lieu of degree.
• Experience with VMware
• Hands-on experience with Red Hat Linux and Solaris operating systems and administration.
• Experience with the following is ideal: Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012 operating systems and administration, Open LDAP, RSA SecurID, VMware/Hypervisor, Remedy Ticketing System, Single Sign On (SSO) tools integration.
• Competent to work at a technical level on all phases of application administration activities.
• Excellent communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Able to report full-time onsite as indicated above.
• Active Secret with ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI Eligibility
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Arlington
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.