SAIC has an opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team. The team's primary responsibilities are to: 1) develop, test and release to a secure, reliable and stable Linux Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Ubuntu operating system image to customers; 2) develop tools and scripts to ensure operating system compliance with cyber security. The services are delivered on the unclassified and classified networks, each of which has its unique requirements; 3) provide technical ability and knowledge regarding operating system delivery, maintenance, upgrades, patching, security, STIG compliance and other lifecycle management strategies for the Linux Common Operating Environment (COE).
The candidate will need to have a strong technical aptitude in system administration supporting Linux workstations. The candidate will need to be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
On any given day you may be called on to:
Research and recommend technology to improve current Linux systems, including a Common Operating Environment to support the Linux community.
- Develop or modify information systems, including analyzing business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
Configure system settings and options; plan and execute unit, integration and acceptance testing; and create specifications for systems to meet business and security requirements.
Troubleshoot problems Linux users are experiencing and provide Tier 3 support to Help Desk and Deskside support personnel.
Advise on alternatives and assess technical limitations within operations realities.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a System Administrator installations/patching of operating system and software installation on a Linux OS such as RedHat or Ubuntu
- Working knowledge/experience of bash shell scripting and other languages such as Python or Perl
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently
- Definition/documentation of requirements and the ability to create and implement test plans
- Ability to learn new technologies independently
- Candidate can start uncleared but must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q clearance
- Experience with the evaluation and implementation of common industry security baselines
- Configuration Management - Ansible
- Source Code Management tools - GIT
- Virtualization and managing virtual machines, i.e., VMware
- Possess great people skills, strong customer service skills
- Active DOD or DOE clearance
My SAIC Benefits.