Title: Sr. Linux Administrator
Location: San Antonio, TX (410 and Culebra (Westside)
Compensation: Competitive, but based on experience
Company: They are a very large Research Institute that has been around since 1947 and currently work on Automotive and Transportation, Biomedical and Health, Chemistry, Defense and Security, Energy and Environmental, and Manufacturing and Construction Research projects.
Duration: 6 month contract w/possibility of extension
Description of job duties:
- Perform Installation and maintenance of linux systems and associated software. Update Patches as needed, and ensure backups are running optimally. Additionally, write scripts to assist with automation and verification that system running normally. Monitor performance and plan for future growth. Assist users with Linux specific requests. The position also requires knowledge of windows servers and networking systems.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science or related field, along with a minimum of 5 years experience as a Linux Systems Administrator
- An Associates in Information Technology may be considered with sufficient experience.
- Certification in Redhat/Centos 7 is Preferred
- Knowledge in one or more areas: Openstack, Puppet, Apache/web servers, scripting/programming, High performance computing, Windows Servers, Cisco IOS, CEPH File System