Location: Chantilly VA
Duration: long term / Direct Hire
Title: linux Admin
CompTIA Linux+ or Security + certification required.
Top-Secret level Security Clearance with SCI access required.
Works under general supervision, and no instructions are needed for routine work.
Receives general instructions for special assignments.
Work is reviewed for sound technical judgment and overall adequacy.
Performs computing delivery system integration.
Provides problem resolution and technical support for delivery systems.
Administers user s system access to meet security requirements.
Monitors system performance to support capacity planning, backup and disaster recovery planning.
Assists in the system integration, hardware and software installation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture.
Provides support for the design, validation and implementation of changes to computing delivery systems.
Performs system monitoring and backup and restore procedures to ensure system and data availability.
Administers user s system access to meet security requirements. Performs problem resolution as appropriate
Responsibilities & Duties
List the specific duties required of this job. List in order of importance. Complete sentences.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
Makes use of and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts.
Expert administration level understanding of Linux based operating systems, including Centos, Ubuntu and RedHat
Expert level of skills in networking, server sizing and server capacity planning, security hardening, and installation.
Expert level of skills in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity concepts.
Expert level of skills with database, web server, enterprise backup software administration.
Expert level of skills backup systems and capacity planning.
Knowledge and experience with ServiceNow is desirable.
Expert skill set for Hypervisors: VMware
Expert skill set for networking: iSCSI, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, CIFS.
- Desired skill set for Tools: McAfee ePO, NetBackup, Veeam, Sentinel, SCAP
- Desired skill set for Monitoring: Nagios, Splunk
- Desired skill set for Server OS: Linux RHEL 7.x, CentOS 7.x
- Desired skill set for Patch Management: BigFix, Puppet, Yum
- Desired skill set for Physical Servers: Cisco UCS, UCS Manager, Isilon cluster - NAS, NFS, CIFS
- Desired skill set for Application: Matlab, Mathematica, ServiceNow, Netbackup, PBIS Likewise, FlexLM, Gitlab, Github
- Desired skill set for Scripting: Bash, Shell, Python
- Desired skill set for VMware: ESXi 5.5 or 2 most recent versions
- Desired skill set for HP: C3000, C7000, HP Proliant, iLo
- Desired skill set for Networking: iSCSI, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, xGbe, NFS, CIFS
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Assists with the implementation of established security requirements.
- Implements safeguards to protect information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Monitors information security reports and implement established security measures.
- Assists with installation of patches, kick-starting a new system, modifying security files, control files and data access and corrects errors.
- Follows established procedures in the management of user system access to meet security requirements.
- Assists with the implementation of hardware and software security measures for transmission and storage of information.
- Performs system monitoring using approved tools and processes to validate system health.
- Performs backup and restore procedures to ensure system and data availability.
- Participates in the design of the delivery system to meet customer requirements.
- Assists in the system integration, hardware and software installation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture specially Cisco hardware.
- Assists in the validation of end-to-end system functionality through unit and integration testing.
- Collects, maintains and reports IT infrastructure information across distributed systems and multiple support groups.
- Updates system baseline information that describes computing systems and networks including all hardware and software components.
- Assists in implementing system changes by using standardized methods and procedures for efficient and prompt handling of all changes to improve day-to-day operations.
- Performs problem resolution as appropriate by using applicable computing processes. Assists others in complex problem resolution for delivery systems.
- Documents resolutions/analyses according to support procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Digital Intelligence Systems (DISYS)
Phone: 214-431-4653 |