Please send resume in WORD format should you be interested in the following.
Our client has an immediate opportunity for an Sr. Linux Systems Engineer located in Vienna, VA. THIS IS A DIRECT-HIRE POSITION. Our client is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in VA supporting the Department of State, CA Bureau. The salary for this position is 130-140K and they are looking to hire immediately. If you’re not interested, please pass along to your friends and colleagues.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AT A MINIMUM AN INTERIM SECRET OR HIGHER CLEARANCE.
Candidates must be clearable and receptive to a Background Investigation and Drug test.
Some highlights of the position/environment
Number of resources on staff – 110
Clearance level required – Interim Secret
Common skillsets – Linux, Oracle, Business Analyst, Technical Writers
Strong mission – Bureau of Consular Affairs protects the lives and interests of American citizens living or traveling abroad, and to enhance the national security of the United States
Highly visible and impactful project – Support approx. 4,000 worldwide clients
Most advanced Oracle Databases in the government. Forward leaning when it comes to Oracle
A qualified candidate will have a high level of competence and experience in the following areas:
• Linux RHEL/OEL and Windows 2008/2012 operating systems
• Server hardware (Dell, HP and Oracle Sun Exadata)
• Dell/EMC and NetApps storage platforms
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Network routing, VIP and subnet masking
• Configuring server network, time and IP table files
• Time management and the ability to multi-task and re-prioritize based on urgency
• Installation and configuration of servers, storage, switches and related equipment
• Occasional Installation and configuration of operating systems, drivers, firmware, and OS patches
• Develop OS images, security hardening scripts and patch repositories
• Leverage Linux scripting skills (Bash, Powershell or Python) for task automation, system monitoring, general system health enhancements and improving the overall system security posture
• Manage configurations, implementations and maintenance of system management application technologies, including Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0, Microsoft System Management Server (SMS), Dell Open Manager (OM) and other tools used to manage the environment.
• Assist with system deployment, system updates, day to day operational support and disaster recovery situations
• Work with technical writing staff to develop and document standard processes for server installs, upgrades, and other repetitive tasks
• Complete all required administrative duties and paperwork in a timely manner
• Work with fun, smart people and innovative technology. Get involved and make substantial contributions driving technology innovations and culture. Extend yourself, create opportunities for engagement and bring another along with you. We want to empower our workforce, create force multipliers, and you are a driver of that initiative.
• Bachelor’ degree or equivalent work experience (6 years minimum)
• At least 8 years of experience managing configurations, implementations and maintenance of system management application technologies, platforms and system.
• At least 8 years of experience deploying OS (business processes and translate to automated solutions to drive efficiency) sun setting legacy platforms into production
• At least 8 years’ experience scripting automated solutions with Linux OS languages
• At least 8 years’ experience managing Windows 2008/2012 platforms
• At least 8 years of experience providing content for technical documents; including wireframes, deployment plans, design documentation, SOP’s and network diagrams
• Experience with Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0, Microsoft System Management Server (SMS), Dell Open Manager (OM) and other tools used to manage the environment
• Working knowledge of installation and configuration of network equipment
• Working knowledge and general experience with one or more configuration management tool such as Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Kickstarter, Satellite, Oracle Enterprise Manager, etc
• VMWare 6.x and VSAN deployment, configuration & management skills
• Oracle Database 11g RAC database knowledge
• Oracle Exadata platform (X2-8/X4-2, ZDLRA,) configuration knowledge
• Working knowledge of Data Domain/DDVE/Avamar backup solutions
• IIS web servers / web services / programming
• F5 traffic management servers
• Working knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL)
• Cloud computing experience, AWS, AZURE, or VMware cloud
• Self-starter that takes initiative and ownership, thrives in ever-evolving environment