Capgemini Government Solutions (CGGS) LLC is seeking highly motivated and experienced Senior Linux System Administrator to join our team in the DC Metro Area to support our government clients. The successful applicant will work closely with our clients to provide services that are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to apply and grow their skillset, work with a motivated and entrepreneurial team, engage with a wide range of stakeholders, and build CGGS' capabilities to serve our clients.
As a Senior Linux System Administrator, you will:
* Configure, monitor and maintain RedHat Linux operating systems in a dynamic, virtualized environment.
* Work in a team environment with other engineering teams to support a variety of production servers that host a number of applications and databases.
* Handle escalated incidents or high critical tickets
* Predict risk/impact and participating in major changes
* Work with vendors, infrastructure admins and application owners to implement application/ system requirements
* Design, migrate and upgrade of existing infrastructure
* On-call and after hours support is a requirement of this position.
* U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Eligible to obtain and maintain Government Security Clearance.
* 5+ years of professional experience and a BA/BS or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study
* RHCSA certification preferred
* Ability to administer Linux Infrastructure
* Strong knowledge on troubleshooting skills of Linux/UNIX
* Strong knowledge on Linux/UNIX management tools
* Knowledge on Remote system administration
* Troubleshooting the incidents & problems reported on the servers and vendor coordination for escalation
* Provide the root cause analysis on the major incidents/problems
* To carry out the scheduled activities like daily checklists, server reboot, etc.
* Monitoring of logs and alerts
* Patch management and Antivirus management
* Understanding of capacity planning, performance monitoring & tuning
* Should have scripting knowledge for scripted installs and automation
* Strong knowledge on Storage & Networking concepts
* Experience working in / managing servers on Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud infrastructure
* Experience with VMware is preferred
* Experience with CI/CD tools and Automation tools such as Ansible is preferred
* Experience with PaaS and IaaS will be a plus
* Knowledge on any monitoring tools like Nagios, Zabbix, etc. will be a plus
* PowerShell/PowerCLI Scripting will be a plus
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of client's opportunities in the evolving world of cloud and digital platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. Capgemini Government Solutions, LLC (Capgemini GS) is a subsidiary of Capgemini focused on providing high quality services to the U.S. Federal Government. Learn more about us at www.capgemini-gs.com.
Capgemini has an entrepreneurial environment that embodies the following values: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.