Description Job Description:
Leidos is seeking a Senior Linux System Administrator in Fairfax, VA to join our ESA V team, providing Redhat Linux systems (Unix) support in a multi-site enterprise data center environment.
The successful candidate will work independently and as part of a team, performing high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex Redhat systems (Unix) supporting applications that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills. Performs all duties of Redhat administration including installation, configuration, securing, performance tuning, and troubleshooting. Applies higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at an engineering solution.
Prepares technical reports and related documentation, and makes charts and graphs as needed to record results. Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings as required by the Task Order. May be required to serve as Team Leader. Responsible for ensuring the quality and services delivered for particular task(s) for which this skill is performing the Team Leader position.
Must have a current Secret security clearance.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- 12+ years' experience as a Unix System Administrator - Operational experience with RHEL6 and RHEL7.
- 3+ years deploying Unix in a secured environments, i.e., DISA
- 3+ years using Redhat Satellite
- Documenting system processes for Unix environments
- Must have Active Secret security clearance
- HW experience: Knowledge of VMWare and Azure
- SW experience: Operating Systems: RHEL6 and RHEL 7
- Redhat Satellite Server and Redhat Clustering
- VMWare Aware
- Azure Aware
- DISA environment hardening experience
- Linux Centos experience
- BMC Remedy experience
- Complex korn shell (ksh) scripting
- Pseries Linux
- Ability to apply user requirements to the analysis, planning, and design of technology systems.
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to the Government Lead.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Ability to interface with all customer levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills