Solidus is searching for a Senior Linux Systems Administrator.
The successful candidate will join a group that is in need of a talented Senior Linux Systems Administrator to support a mid-sized RedHat Linux environment with enterprise level requirements. Qualified candidates should be experienced in current Linux environments and have a strong understanding of system/network architecture and design. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate experience in server performance optimization, cyber security, OS and application patching, McAfee suite, scripting, storage, and disaster recovery.
- Performing systems administration on Red Hat 7/8 servers, Red Hat Identity Management (IdM), and Red Hat Ansible Automation.
- ship and the ability to obtain a DoD Clearance, Active Secret Clearance preferred
- BS in Computer Science or related field + 5 years experience or MS Computer Science or related field + 2 years experience
- Strong knowledge of Red Hat 7/8 Linux
- Experience in setting up and deploying network services (e.g. GitLab/GitHub, Apache Web Server, NFS server)
- Centralized account management (experience with Red Hat Identity Management or Free IPA server is a plus)
- Possess or have the ability to obtain security relevant certifications (e.g. Security+, Linux+ or equivalent)
- Applied understanding of system hardening (experience with DoD system hardening guidelines is preferred, but not required)
- 3 years experience with Linux Patch Managementv
- 3 years experience with MS Active Directory, LDAP
5 years experience with the following:
- Networking Applications and Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, DHCP, SSH, FTP and HTTP/S
- SSH Server implementation, Linux Networking Configuration, Host Based Firewall, Web Server
- Configuration of Distributed Environments, including NFS for Storage
- Configure and Maintain a Number of Linux Systems Utilizing Scripting Languages and Automation Tools
- Diagnose and Troubleshoot Issues
- Enterprise Backup Solutions
- Experience working in a UNIX based environment with familarity of UNIX based scripting
- Redhat Enterprise Linux 7 & 8
- System Administration
- Knowledge of Virtualization Technologies such as VMware or RedHat Virtualization
- Network support including SSH server implementation, Linux networking configuration, NFS, Host Based Firewall, Web Servers
- PKI, Multi-Factor Authentication, and PIV Technologies
- Linux kernel, system tuning and performance analysis
- Remote KVM experience
- Linux+ Certification
- Red Hat Linux Certification
- Security+ Certification
- Centralized Account Management
- Scripting Experience: Python, Ansible, TCL or Bash
- Configure and Manage Centralized Logging and Audit Capabilities
- Virtualization Technologies
Req ID: 4280
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.