Kforce has a client seeking a Senior Linux and Web Application Administrator in Austin, Texas (TX).
The Senior System/Application Administrator is part of Company Hosted Services team which is tasked with supporting Company's enterprise-class hosting environment (located at corporate HQ, Austin, TX, USA), consisting of WebLogic/Tomcat/Apache application servers, Oracle databases, Sun clusters, Hitachi Disk sub-systems, and Cisco network infrastructure, all running in a 24x7x52 environment. This position will perform the planning, deployment and on-going support of new systems & applications as needed. The candidate works with team members to monitor and manage the company's hosted applications and databases and escalate according to established procedures.
* Senior member of a team responsible for day-to-day maintenance of a large application farms of Web/Java applications and Oracle databases
* Unix/Windows based web & database applications support, multi-location server/application design and operations
* Bachelor's degree in a job-related discipline (or equivalent work experience) required
* Overall Experience Range: 7 - 10 years
* Minimum 7 years of experience with supporting Web/application farm architectures and technologies (Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache, IIS, SSL, Java & JDBC)
* Minimum 7 years of experience with Unix and Windows OS technologies
* Familiarity with RDBMS databases (preferably Oracle), Reporting and data analysis
* Good understanding of network (WAN and LAN) routing, TCP, IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, and other related internet protocols
* Experience with Planning, Design, Implementation, and support of large web based applications
* Experience with server clustering and load balancing technologies for high-availability
* Good understanding of multi-tier and high-transaction web/internet applications
* Experience with Enterprise Monitoring tools, Change Management and Incident Management
* Successful candidate must have demonstrated success with full life cycle technical and project leadership of the deployment and support of high-availability, high-volume and enterprise-class web application environments
* Experience working in a high-tech organization with the skills necessary to maintain agility and to make critical decisions under pressure in a fast-paced environment
* Demonstrated experience in creating and troubleshooting enterprise services that necessitated the understanding of the complex interactions among applications, databases, server operating systems, internet/network protocols, and client configurations
* A keen understanding of application and data security issues surrounding such an environment is also required
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.