Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
At Houston Methodist, the Senior Medical Device Integration (MDI) Analyst position is responsible for expert level support and configuration of assigned medical device integration equipment, communication devices and associated applications. The Senior MDI Analyst works with customers at all levels in the organization to enhance their understanding of how advanced medical and communication device technologies can enhance operational efficiencies. The Senior MDI Analyst provides high level administration of the technical infrastructure that supports complex integrations and ensures quality delivery of application availability. The Senior MDI Analyst proactively manages and troubleshoots issues and manages change. The Senior MDI Analyst trains and mentors more junior team members. The Senior MDI Analyst ensures the services provided contribute to the successful accomplishment of the mission of the department. The Senior MDI Analyst makes recommendations regarding budget projections and project management.
PATIENT AGE GROUP(S) AND POPULATION(S) SERVED
Refer to departmental "Scope of Service" and "Provision of Care" plans, as applicable, for description of primary age groups and populations served by this job for the respective HM entity.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
o Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
o Focuses on patient/customer safety
o Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
o Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
o Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
o Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 25%
1. Facilitates building cross functional teams including Nursing, Biomedical Engineering, Field Operations and vendors to support complex communication and medical device integration. (EF)
2. Facilitates team and client meetings and delivers informative, well-organized presentations. (EF)
3. Serves as role model and mentor to other team members through both formal and informal methods. Trains newly on boarded or more junior team members as needed. (EF)
1. Develops and documents system architectures and workflows used to support solutions and cross train team members. (EF)
2. Ensures overall system (infrastructure, equipment, build, data flow, etc.) integrity and oversight of all functional performance requirements. (EF)
3. Sets vendor and customer expectations, prioritizes tasks, and delivers solutions on time. Proposes solutions to problems and considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing client needs. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
1. Fully understands and supports patient safety requirements supporting equipment in patient care areas and trains junior analysts in best practice methods. (EF)
2. Oversees and monitors multiple large-scale projects within multiple functional departments. (EF)
3. Creates custom solutions or advanced configuration options to solve operational or workflow issues. (EF)
FINANCE - 10%
1. Identifies trends and opportunities associated with physical equipment inventory including life cycle management and failure analysis. (EF)
2. Lead assessments to evaluate how medical and communication device technology can be leveraged in cost effective manner following project management methodologies. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20%
1. Leads medical and communication device planning associated with expansion projects at assigned facilities and anticipates opportunities related to new construction and/or equipment. (EF)
2. Seeks opportunities to understand and apply industry knowledge of the healthcare technology management products, vendors and trends. Evaluates and recommends technologies for growth and long-term planning. (EF)
3. Partners with team members to support a learning environment. Seeks opportunities to lead or facilitate Information Technology (IT) and business initiatives across IT. (EF)
4. Proactively manages own professional development. Completes Individual Development Plan. (IDP) (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.)
o Five years experience in IT to include four years experience with advanced medical device integration, communication system integration or Biomedical healthcare technology management.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
o Expert ability and skill to troubleshoot system problems and to engineer expert solutions with IT customers and vendors.
o Expert technical skills to support multiple applications and projects simultaneously
o Strong knowledge of project management methodologies and ability to apply them to large scale system implementation
o Strong knowledge of multidisciplinary clinical and medical device integration
o Demonstrated leadership skills
o Proactive in all areas of responsibility
o Ability to interact effectively with multiple stakeholders within and outside the organization
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation's leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.