Junior Software Engineer - Ideal Concepts, Inc.
Ideal Concepts, Inc. has been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in the Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania over the past few years, and our goal is to become the largest insurance marketing software company in the country. Our company is an intriguing mix of information technology development and insurance sales, offering consumers several software platforms that allow them to find the best insurance that fits their needs as well as an extensive network of qualified insurance agents that assist them in choosing the right provider for themselves and their families.
Our software development team is a great opportunity for the recent college grad and burgeoning developers to begin their professional careers and learn valuable new skills while on the job. All junior developers who join our team are not only able to work with newer technologies but also help develop software that helps drive our company's growth and provide invaluable services for people all across the country. On-the-job training is also provided to help you sharpen your skills with various technologies and development languages, such as C#, Angular and SQL. We believe in investing in our developers to help them grow into very skilled professionals and challenge them to learn new and exciting concepts and technologies!
- Analysis of user requirements
- Researching, designing and writing new software programs
- Expanding existing programs by analyzing and implementing new features
- Creating technical specifications and test plans
- Writing and testing code and then refining as necessary
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects
- Investigating new technologies
- Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, designers, developers, systems analysts, and sales and marketing professionals
- 1 - 2+ years of experience in software development using Microsoft stack (C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, etc.)
- Experience in the design & deployment of complex SQL objects and relational databases design.
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Significant complex software design and architecture experience.
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies.
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA in Computer Science or equivalent field of study.
- H1B Visa transfers and potential sponsorships available.
- OPT candidates accepted!
- Generous PTO policy.
- 8 paid pre-determined holidays.
- Expansion and growth with one of the top health insurance marketing companies in the nation.
- Technology-focused, fast-paced working environment.
- Employee 401k Plan.
- Fully covered health benefits (100% company contribution), including major medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.