Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
MSC is searching for a Senior Mac Administrator to support the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), part of the U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop custom tools in Puppet, Apple Script, and Bash to automate the OS X infrastructure support and service
- Install, configure and maintain Mac OS X and associated applications
- Integrate OS X computers with NetWork Storage, Linux Servers, Windows Servers as well as internal and external sites
- Install, configure and maintain mobile devices via Mobile Device Management software
- Perform standard administration tasks (packaging, OS installs, patch management)
- Provide OS X support to NCBI's internal developers and researchers
- High School Diploma/GED with significant Technical Training/Certifications
- JAMF Casper Suite management for Apple devices
- 2+ Years' Experience troubleshooting Apple Mac environment JAMF/Casper
- Mac program installation
- Mac printer installation
- Mac network configuration
- Mac email client configuration
- Experience with all Office products
- Familiarity with Adobe Products
- Ability to connect to File Server or NAS
- Experience with Mac OS System Upgrades and updates
- Basic Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Good communication, and customer service
- Experience with IBM BigFix to manage Mac OSX devices a plus
- Experience with Basic Unix Command Line: SSH, Rsync, SCP, chown, chmod, and file system navigation
- Proficiency using ARD to: install software, install Apple OS updates, run UNIX commands
- Enterprise experience: familiarity and experience with AD, AD/ Mac integration, NetBoot/ Net Install/ Deploy Studio
- Knowledge of Puppet or any other automated computer configuration management too
- MacPorts, Fink, or HomeBrew
- Apple server
- Xcode and Command line tools
- Exchange and Enterprise email
Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.