Client Reporting Technology (CRT) is looking for an experienced Senior Software Developer to design solutions that enable the successful migration of our legacy mainframe and distributed applications to modern, cloud ready solutions.
CRT group champions innovative and scalable technology solutions to deliver a superior client communication experience, through multiple delivery channels. Some of CRT's software products include brokerage and bank statement applications, letters, tax documents, trade confirmations, operational and marketing communications, and regulatory forms.
The successful candidate has experience being in a technical lead role and is capable of planning, designing, building, and leading next generation technology and building technology roadmaps aligning to the needs of our existing business.
As a Senior Software Developer, you should be flexible to assist with any maintenance requests for the current mainframe-based applications to support the company's high-volume communications needs. Job activities will include gathering and interpreting user requirements, design, and development of solutions, enforcing architectural guidelines within the applications, researching, and documenting production environment issues, and driving discussions with technical, business, and external technical partners. What you are good at
What you have Professional Experience Experience in senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of Mainframe based applications and databases Strong Development experience in the Mainframe space utilizing technologies listed in the "Technical Experience" section below. Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work
- Experience migrating mainframe applications to distributed and/or cloud-based architectures strongly preferred
- Lead all processes of the SDLC and be accountable for all deliverables
- Provide support in troubleshooting and remediating issues occurring in Production
- Be the business liaison creating and fostering strong partnerships with Product Owners and Business Users, ensuring appropriate prioritization of User Stories with a view to delivering to Business needs and priorities
- Provides technical consultation and support CRT applications and programs
- Sustain desirable practice of ensuring that the following Software Development Life Cycle guidelines are observed:
- Analysis and Design: Adhere to tight design document review process among peers
- Code Development: Employ more robust & thorough formal code reviews focused on the quality of the code and ensuring coding standards are followed
- Testing: Implementation of stronger unit testing, integration testing, regression testing, and QA testing strategies
- Leverage, practice and support Agile software development practices
- Collaborate with all relevant Technology and Business team members and Project Stakeholders and build long lasting, trusted relationships based on the quality and commitment of your deliverables
- Develops / participates in the creation of new documentation such as architectural diagrams and user guides
with remote and globally distributed teams Be self-motivated, driven, and passionate in resolving complex and time-sensitive
business problems through simple and innovative technical solutions. Must demonstrate a knack to figuring out solutions to complex problems Work with business and technical partners to create and support effective solutions to business problems and requests Ability to lead as well as work independently as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team Experience as senior developer or lead on an agile scrum team is a plus Work with multi-platform teams to ensure the quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversee updating and testing of business continuation plan Passionate about technical mentoring of junior staff and peers Prior experience in financial services industry and regulatory document processing is a plus Technical Experience Languages: COBOL, SQL, EZTRIEVE, Rexx, JCL, Unix scripting is a plus Database Management Systems: DB2 or any relational DB, DatacomTools: CHANGEMAN, CONTROL-M/ESP, Atlassian suite Exposure to enterprise applications with Mainframe integrated with distributed applications Exposure to distributed technologies - Java, Unix, OpenText Exstream is a plus Familiarity with continuous integration /continuous delivery (CI/CD) techniques Colorado CompensationTarget Total Compensation - $110,000 - $201,600Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.