NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Senior Malware Analyst to support our team in Washington, D.C.. This position is open only to candidates with an active TS/SCI security clearance and the ability to pass a CI Polygraph. Specific Duties Include:
• Provide analytic and investigative support on Tier 2 investigations
• Perform malware reverse engineering on multiple computer and network platforms, such as Windows and Linux Operating Systems, mobile devices, and virtual machines
• Perform analysis of network flow data for traffic characterization and usage, recommended blocking actions, indications of system compromise and anomalous activity, indication of botnet activity, inventory and prioritization of internet threats
• Discover, analyze, and diagnose malware and other related events, infected files and network intrusions
• Recommend counter measures and mitigations to malware and other Cyber related incidents; develop After Action Reports
• Develop and maintain procedural checklists in support of Incident Response activities
• Investigate network configuration issues, malicious code activity from/to systems, and unusual port activity
• Perform research and analysis of external malware threats: commercial reports, USCYBERCOM reports, NCTOC reports, and other DoD, DHS, IC, Federal, non-government sources
• Evaluate and report on emerging reverse engineering technologies and capabilities; establish and maintain continual information pipeline in support of Customer Cyber Security strategic goals
• Create and monitor alarms and correlation rules
• Collaborate across multiple departments to tune analytic tools
• Provide informal and formal technical training to the customer and junior analysts, to include training on the tools and processes/procedures for forensic collection, analysis and reporting - Identify misuse, malware, or unauthorized activity on monitored networks.
• Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies
• Participate in cyber threat working groups, forums and meetings
• Participate in vulnerability management working groups and meetings Requirements:
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
- Clearance: Must have an active TS/SCI clearance and be able to pass a CI Polygraph prior to start date.
- Education/Years of Experience: Must have 7 years of relative work experience and BS degree.
- Certifications: Must be IAT III and CND IR compliant (CISSP or CASP and CEH)
- Have working knowledge of threat and vulnerability analysis, routing protocols, routing, intrusion detection systems, intrusion protection systems, Domain Name Service, or network traffic analysis
- Previous tools experience working with Network Analyzer, SIEM, Host Based Security System, IDS and IPS Systems.
- Technical understanding in some of the following areas: network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic system administration, intermediate knowledge of computer network defense operations (proxy, firewall, switch, or open source information collection)
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history and references checks
NetCentrics Corporation has continuously served the U.S. Government since our founding in 1995. We provide U.S. federal agencies with reliable and cost-effective IT services, including IT platform services, IT service delivery, cybersecurity, and infrastructure modernization. We have extensive experience modernizing and strengthening network bandwidth, security, and performance to deliver enhanced services and reliability to end-users.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled