iQuasar (pronounced i- kwey- zahr) is a Northern Virginia headquartered technology company dedicated to provide world-class products, services, and solutions to our customers in US and globally to our expanding customer base in North America, Africa, and Asia. We specialize in Telecommunications and Information Technology Consulting, Staffing, Software Development, Managed Consulting, and Software Products and Applications.
One of our clients in Washington, DC needs a Senior Malware Engineer for a permanent position.
Position: Senior Malware Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
Position Type: Permanent position
Role and responsibilities:
- Demonstrate expert-level knowledge of network traffic and communications, including known ports and services
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of the Windows operating system, expert knowledge in various Linux distributions and the Unix framework
- Have expert level knowledge of the following security related technologies: IPS, IDS, SIEM, firewalls, DNS, encryption, HIDS, NIDS, proxies, network packet analyzers, malware analysis, forensic tools, and enterprise level appliances
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of various open source and commercial analysis tools used for reverse engineering
- Demonstrate knowledge of and familiarity with the ARM instruction set
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze complex malicious Windows programs in a reasonable time frame
- Demonstrate expert technical ability in reverse engineering custom protocols used by malware
- Demonstrate intermediate proficiency with one of the following programming languages: Python, C, C++, Ruby
- Design and develops new systems, applications, and solutions for external customer's enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
- Ensure system security needs established and maintained for operations development, security requirements definition, security risk assessment, systems analysis, systems design, security test and evaluation, certification and accreditation, systems hardening, vulnerability testing and scanning, incident response, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning and provides analytical support for security policy development and analysis.
- Integrate new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designs cyber security architectural artifacts, provides architectural analysis of cyber security features and relates existing system to future needs and trends, embeds advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, provides engineering recommendations, and resolves integration and testing issues.
- Active Top-Secret w/SCI eligibility
- BS or equivalent + 14 yrs related experience, OR MS + 12 yrs related experience
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Certification
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification
- DoD 8570 IASAE/CND Certification
- 6+ years of Incident and Malware analysis experience in the DOD or IC environment
- Experience with cyber incident response based on formal U.S. government guidance (i.e. CJCSM 6510.01B)
- Experience in planning, directing, and managing Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) operations in an organization similar in size
- Must have expert-level knowledge of the X86 Instruction set
- Have an understanding of DOD accreditation policies, processes, and practices
Please review this job position. If you are interested and match job requirements, Click here to Apply:
- Availability to start a new job
- Best Rates
- Contact #
Please don t hesitate to contact me for any question (s) you may have.
Tejas (Ted) Kumar
D: (703) 962-6001 Ext.532