At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.What you will be doing
DISH Wireless is seeking a Senior Manager of Network Engineering over network automation design to guide the planning, architecture and design of automation for network routers, switches and security devices across the nationwide environment supporting the buildout of our new 5G wireless infrastructure. The successful candidate will manage a team accountable for automation architecture and design of network devices in a large-scale service provider network. Network automation architecture and design will include the processes, scripts and other mechanisms used to manage network devices in an orchestrated, automated, zero-touch fashion including integration with higher-level end-to-end automation tools.
This role is a key, strategic part of our business, and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions. In this role, you will:
- Develop and maintain a multi-year strategic infrastructure plan to include a long-term vision, technology roadmaps, goals and objectives;
- Create and maintain network architecture while designing and developing network node configurations;
- Support validation, deployment, optimization and operations of network nodes;
- Manage capital budget, commercial contracts and hardware/software purchase orders;
- Guide the testing and validation of new IP services, feature enhancements and software bug fixes;
- Provide advanced technical leadership for complex project work, including functional subsystem upgrades for mission-critical network devices and services as well as strategic upgrades to the network.
#LI-RO2#LI-RO2 #DICE_RO #LI-SL3 Skills and experience
Ideal Senior Manager of Network Engineering candidates have:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical/computer engineering preferred, or ten or more years of professional experience in large enterprise or carrier space;
- Professional networking certifications a plus - CCNA/CCNP/CCIE/JNCIE or equivalent;
- Public cloud certifications a plus - advanced networking, cloud network engineer, or equivalent;
Successful Senior Manager of Network Engineering candidates have extensive knowledge in:
- Service provider IP routing
- Integration with public cloud providers
- Network deployment and operations automation
- Network timing and synchronization
- Software defined networking
Compensation: $119,175.00/Yr. - $177,000.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.