Cloud Architect ‑ Enterprise Hosting Group
Job Title: Cloud Architect
Area: Client Solutions - Office of the Deputy CIO for Technology
Preferred Location: Open
Career Level: 6
Technology & Infrastructure - Office of the Deputy CIO for Technology
The Client Solutions Group reports to the office of the Deputy CIO for Technology and is responsible for delivering DevOps services which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. The DevOps group flexes to support business-lead software development while bring to bear best practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
In your role as the Cloud Architect you will be responsible for the Architecture and Design of Multi-Cloud solutions with an Azure emphasis. You will with work with the Delivery Manager, Software Architects, Software Developers, and ALM Engineers to design the Cloud Architecture for a large distributed solution. You will insure Application Architecture is appropriate for the Cloud and become the trusted advisor of the software development team. You will insure that Cloud Architecture allows for the DevOps philosophy to be embraced. You will ensure designs allow for the implementation of tools and processes which enable rapid development and delivery of software, continuous integration/deployment, automated quality checks, and operational metrics that can be consumed by development teams.
An ideal candidate for this role will have a blend of infrastructure, development and operational experience that provides them with a good understanding of the developers they are working with, while also balancing customer satisfaction and maintaining critical systems uptime.
In this role you will partner with your DevOps peers ‑ DevOps Release Managers and DevOps Platform Engineers ‑ to deliver a fully automated end-to-end release management process.
Define the Cloud Architecture for both hybrid and non-hybrid cloud solution.
Be the go to person for Cloud Architecture. You should have a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to use them together to build complex solutions.
Ensure that all cloud solutions follow security and compliance controls.
Participate in the establishment on an automated DevOps release management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts (the Dev) and on-going production operations (the Ops). Cultivate a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mind set.
Ensure development teams are provided a full set of DevOps ALM tools by leading the establishment of the right tooling and processes that will result in a fully automated release management pipeline to include: the Automated build process, environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information (to target developers).
Partner with development and operations teams to develop practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner.
Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevOps initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice.
Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities to achieve project objectives; technically guide projects through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality.
Work with teams to bring continuous improvement to ALM processes and tools. Develop and own KPIs to ensure performance is measured against expected business outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or relevant experience and accomplishments.
- 8 years of experience in the IT field.
- 3-5 years of Release Management Coordination/Engineer experience managing builds through development, QA, UAT through to production.
- 2+ years of strong experience with cloud services - Azure or AWS preferred.
- Understand how to automate builds for developer environments from development through production within a Continuous Delivery model.
- Experience of practical implementations of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools.
- Must understand the Scrum Agile methodology and have worked on a Scrum team.
- Direct, hands-on experience with DevOps and release management tools
- Familiarity with Docker containers, working experience a plus
- Familiarity with MicroServices architecture, working experience a plus
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as VSTS, Bamboo, Jenkins, Microsoft TFS, TeamCity, etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience with packaging programs like MSI, rpm, or other.
- Knowledge of SQL, and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Knowledge of networking, firewalls, load balancers etc.
- Knowledge of best practices for IT operations in an always-on, always-available service model
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately with corporate executives and technical teams.
- Excellent influencing and reasoning skills; good at conflict resolution and consensus building.
- Ability to travel ~10%.
- After hours on-call support occasionally required.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100. About Deloitte
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.