At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.What you will be doing
DISH Wireless is seeking a Senior Manager of Cloud Network Engineering supporting our virtual data center networks. Additional skills around network security and automation systems would be critical for success as well. This manager will oversee network planning, cloud infrastructure, and design of cloud based data center network environments supporting the buildout of our new 5G wireless infrastructure.
The Cloud Network Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing a team responsible and accountable for reviewing architectural standards and updates, providing feedback, and then executing the implementation of large-scale Cloud Networking within public cloud providers. Cloud Network Engineering will include understanding and configuration of public cloud providers networking capabilities and functions, coupled with carrier networking technologies such as SR-MPLS, complex QoS, and a firm understanding of 5G packet core infrastructure and needs. The position is responsible for the intake of new functions, documenting, executing, testing, automating critical functions of the Cloud Networking infrastructure.
This team will have a close cross-functional relationship with Xhaul Network Engineering, Network Security, Network automation, Data Mobility Engineering, Core Translations Design, Traffic/Transport Engineering, Network Implementation/Design, Performance Management and Peering Interconnect Management teams. This role is a key, strategic part of our business, and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions. This role reports to the Director of Network Engineering for DISH Wireless and may require some travel.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
- Manage the Clould Network Design/Implementation team and provide consistent leadership through the hiring, planning, communicating, and managing of the team
- Create, maintain and upgrade the cloud network infrastructure
- Design and develop cloud network node configurations
- Support validation, deployment, optimization and operations of cloud network nodes
- Manage capital budget, commercial contracts, software purchase orders
- Testing and validation of new software services, feature enhancements and software bug fixes
- Develop and maintain 2 to 3-year strategic cloud infrastructure plan including long-term vision, technology roadmaps, goals and objectives
- Develop and oversee change management and quality assurance processes including review and approval of engineering design proposals, implementation plans, and acceptance plans
A successful candidate will be able to:
Skills and experience
- Provide advanced technical leadership for complex project work, including functional subsystem upgrades for mission-critical data center network devices and services as well as strategic upgrades to the network
- Design, plan, and implement complex cloud network network configurations
- Supply advanced technical direction and leadership to the organization through the planning and implementation processes
- Establish requirements, provide analysis for network and services specifications, network design, network partitioning, and network infrastructure definitions
- Provide advanced expertise in the development of network test, validation, and integration plans on projects, and assurance of network integrity
- Work independently with vendors to understand, test, and drive new innovative features
- Successful candidates should have extensive knowledge in the following areas:
- Data network design and engineering
- Multi-site architectures, VDCs, edge routing
- eBGP, iBGP, IS-IS, VRFs, and QoS
- Integration with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Network Deployment and Operations Automation - Ansible, Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP), CloudFormation
- Network configuration automation (Scripting with Perl/Python/Bash/Cloud Formation)
- IPv6 - SLAAC and DHCPv6
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) - Design and Traffic Engineering
- Solid Understanding of the OSI model, routing and switching protocols, network security, IPv4 and IPv6 networking, subnetting, and operational experience
- Ability to define infrastructure KPI/KQI/SLO parameters to monitoring systems for alerts/alarms
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering preferred, or ten or more years of professional experience in large enterprise or carrier space
- Professional networking certifications a plus - CCNA/CCNP/CCIE/JNCIE or equivalent
- Public cloud certifications a plus - Advanced Networking, Cloud Network Engineer, or equivalent
Compensation: $114,885.00/Year - $181,390.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.