195 Technology Dr, Irvine, CA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. About the Team
In the Cox Automotive Data Engineering Services group, we foster a strong grassroots culture where problem-solvers and innovators have direct influence on product and business decisions. We are a tight-knit group with a make it work, make it fast, make it pretty mission. Each member of our team is encouraged to take ownership of initiatives, tackle new problems, master new technologies, and shape the future of our company. About the Job
The selected Senior Manager of Software Engineering will support and deliver a strategic roadmap for Cox Automotive Consumer Insights product. The manager will work closely with Product, Engineering and Business stakeholders, and lead the delivery of product features in order to improve consumer experience on our websites and to strengthen our core business.
Engineering Managers at Cox Automotive play a small part in the hands-on process of building software, but a very large part in orchestrating engineers to achieve great results. An engineering background is required in order to be a good counsel and advocate for engineering, but don't expect to be contributing production-facing code on a regular basis.
As an Engineering Manager at Cox Automotive you will:
Qualifications: About you
- Recruit and hire exceptional engineering talent and facilitate onboarding of new team members.
- Work with other engineering teams to identify and anticipate changing requirements and opportunities to improve the development environment.
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers on the team to prioritize, plan and deliver work.
- Communicate status, risks and requirements to other groups.
- Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group.
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members.
- You are enthusiastic and passionate about what you do and use that to help motivate diverse groups.
- You understand how a great manager can lead a team to achieve more than the sum of its members.
- You believe that people come to work to do great things and you derive satisfaction from helping others reach beyond what they were previously capable of.
You will be successful in this role if you :
- Have demonstrated experience managing technical teams, setting goals and crafting plans to achieve them.
- Have a product-first mindset. You are driven to deliver product and features that delight our customers.
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in application features, behavior and high-level architecture. Advocate for capabilities offered by your team
- Can work with people across multiple disciplines to create, build, and launch successful products.
- Find immense value in the success of your team.
- Listen more than you speak and are able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish credibility with brilliant engineers quickly.
- Have a bias for action
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.