Senior Manager, Solution Architecture
Direct Hire. Remote.
- Manage a team of highly qualified Solution Architects responsible for designing software and defined datacenter solutions (On-prem & Public Cloud)
- Develop collateral for executive leadership to showcase modernization roadmap and high-level technical architecture
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups to develop, document, modify, and maintain reference standards for vSAN, VMware, Nutanix, Windows, Linux, Docker, MSSQL, MySQL, Postgres, network infrastructure, and other technologies
- Lead the design, implementation strategy, and cost modeling for lifting and shifting client’s massive management software suite into the public cloud (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Develop a solution architecture portfolio made up of various on-prem and public cloud solutions for Sales Engineers to use during a customer engagement
- Serve as SME for Solution Architecture and cutting-edge infrastructure technologies
- Advise and provide guidance to Software Developers on developing and modernizing new and existing products aligned with emerging datacenter/infrastructure technologies
- Evaluate redundancy, scalability, and recoverability capabilities of software products and assist Developers in closing gaps to meet business case for install or upgrade projects
- Run Proof-Of-Concept efforts for evaluating an emerging infrastructure technology for its viability and compatibility with software and machines
- Design ROI analysis and system viability reports based on results from the Proof-Of-Concepts for both private and public clouds
- Develop and participate in critical escalation structure to provide continuous long-term support to the Support Center for new and existing customers during a production outage as well as a disaster recovery event
- Lead replacement of cost prohibitive infrastructure components with cost-effective Open-Source software-based tools
- Provide Level 4 on-call support for mission critical troubleshooting for datacenter infrastructure (VMware, Networking, Storage etc.,) during escalations in an ongoing system installation/upgrade
- Other duties as required
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant combinations of education and experience
- At least 8 years of related work experience managing a Solution Architecture team, system design, system engineering, or database administration
- Expert level knowledge of virtualization concepts (VMware, Hyper-V, AHV)
- In depth knowledge of containers (preferably Docker) and orchestration engines like K8S etc.
- Familiarity with public cloud providers including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- Ability to design solutions based on software defined storage (Nutanix, vSAN) and Hyper Converged Infrastructure
- Experience leading an escalation call, guiding engineers on systematic troubleshooting, and documenting root cause analysis
- Functional knowledge of backup solutions and disaster recovery concepts with the ability to design technical outcomes incorporating high availability and designated levels of up-time
- Proficiency in network design concepts including ability to detail how various network topologies integrate with the proposed solution
- Understanding of all major network vendor offerings including knowledge in using network tools like Wireshark
- Proficiency in system and network security concepts
- Ability to professionally articulate design concepts during customer presentations
- Ability to optimize and modernize solutions continuously
- Experience mentoring other Solution Architects
For 25 years, Millennium Consulting has been a leader in professional staffing. Today, Millennium caters to a diversified portfolio of market-leading customers. Since its establishment, Millennium has relentlessly focused on unwavering integrity while perfecting the recruitment of subject matter experts for complex, mission critical projects. Our approach remains unchanged: Sweeping analysis of our clients’ staffing initiatives and organizational culture, combined with a personal approach to long-term relationship building to identify the most impactful talent.
Millennium Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.