Client Reference Code:
The Senior Manager for Portal Implementations will be responsible for leading and providing daily management and operational support to a team of senior systems engineers. Responsible for preparation, deployment, capacity management, change management, configuration and ongoing operation of Spectrum's Portal platforms with a primary footprint in AWS. This role works closely with our Product, Software Development, and other teams across the organization to plan and prepare applications for the production environments. Set standards, policies and master plans for all customer facing Portal applications and champion solutions that enable increased efficiency across Network Operations and other parts of the business.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Manage team of senior-level engineers responsible for all aspects of the process to prepare applications for production.
- Provides engineering support and direction for new or existing technologies and current operational initiatives.
- Responsible to monitor and maintain the established departmental SLAs.
- Establishes reporting metrics and methods to pull ad-hoc data, as needed.
- Works with operational areas within Network Operations, Customer Operations, and Product to establish and improve processes.
- Oversees department schedule, ensuring that all days and hours of operation are adequately staffed.
- Manages staffing needs for the business unit.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as in cross functional team situations
- Expert-level understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, 24x7 Operations, Infrastructure as a Service, and automated deployment pipelines.
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Manage team to business priorities and internal process standards to ensure quality and consistency of all services to end users.
- Coordinate preparation of the capital and operating budget process and monitor activity throughout the year to ensure capital and operating expenses are controlled according to the budgeted plan to meet or exceed annual cash flow, including negotiating with contractors and vendors to achieve bids within budget.
- Consult with peers regarding technical operations and strategic planning of builds, network operations, new product development, and deployment
- Responsible for compliance with company engineering standards, policies and procedures
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of nine (9) years of Engineering experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of Project Management work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of Engineering Management experience
- Ability to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with the ability to work across functional boundaries, build consensus and drive results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and good presentation skills
- A problem solver, able to balance competing priorities, strong process orientation and ability to manage through complexity and rapid change
- Understanding of networking, load balancing principles and approaches to scaling out of systems
- Familiarity with deployment methodologies and tools for application code
Job Code :
- Previous experience managing a Network Operations team
- Experience managing teams that span geographical locations
- Experience in designing, deploying, and managing large scale application infrastructures.
- Software development and Devops experience
ESY600 Sr Mgr, Systems Engineering Exempt