DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television. Now we are building the nation's first stand-alone could-based open RAN 5G network.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH. Job Duties and ResponsibilitiesOur mission is to build the next generation, web scale platform for SlingTV. Our environment is...
Your team will be...
- Highly elastic
- Based on some of the latest and greatest cloud native technologies
- Very fast paced
- Building the middleware for our client applications
- Driving a customer centric, highly personalized approach to the evolution of our platform
- Delivering microservices into a Kubernetes based, web scale environment
- Delivering software in an agile environment, continuously
#DICE_KTO Skills, Experience and RequirementsIn order to be successful in this role, you will need to be...
Position is based in Englewood, CO- Will relocate the right candidateA successful Manager of Engineering will have:
- Highly motivated, driven, hardworking and open to learning new things
- Not afraid to fail
- Able to build your team and support your folks - our people are our biggest asset
- Comfortable working in a TDD & CI/CD environment
- Ability to mentor & influence others
- A team player. We have a great group of diverse folks working together in harmony. Big egos and "super heroes" need not apply.
- A hands on technical leader of a team of 3-5 talented engineers
- A 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, master's degree is preferred or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of professional enterprise development experience, 5+ years leadership experience
- Have experience building and managing large, highly available enterprise grade applications
- Have experience working with Agile and the tools that support it
Compensation: $115,500.00/Year - $189,750.00/Year Benefits
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.