Health Care Systems Engineering Senior Manager
Are you a resourceful problem solver that thrives in the identification and definition of creative, effective technology solutions? As a Health Care Systems Engineering Senior Manager, you help our clients set-up, manage, and operate their most complex projects, define functional requirements for technology solutions, and design and derive transformative approaches for technology systems.
Work you'll do
A Senior Manager at Deloitte is expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk.
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors.
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
- Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals.
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
Senior Managers in the Health Care Systems Engineering practice are required to have:
- Experience in the design, development or implementation phases (business or technical) for Health Care applications.
- Experience in one of the following Core administrative functional domains is preferred:
- Claims intake / pre-processing
- Claims pricing and benefits processing
- Clinical / medical management
- Provider and Network
- Analytics and Business Intelligence - downstream
- Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM)
- 8-10 years of increasingly responsible experience, including experience successfully managing various projects
- Thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools
- Strategic business acumen and understanding of organization strategy,
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
- Experience with MS Project
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
The team Systems Engineering
- Expertise in Application Modernization using technology stacks across High-performance computing, Cognitive and Predictive Intelligence, Service Oriented Architecture etc.
- Experience with building Enterprise Data Warehouse, with an Analytics and Reporting platform for a large Medical Devices manufacturer
- Experience with Web Analytics and Customer Experience platform for a Health Benefits Administrator
- Designed and managed the implementation of a Data Mining and Predictive Analytics engine to correlate Customer Contact channel usage and interaction patterns with Customer demographics
- Managed the architecture and delivery for a Contact Center Analytics suite to provide Operational, SLA and Efficiency Analytics for a Retirement Benefits Administrator
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong and tested project management skills, including sponsor and risk management
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts. Health Care
Focuses on assisting those organizations that are responsible for the delivery, funding and payment management of health care and medical related services. Clients include hospitals, academic medical centers, health systems, home health agencies, long term care, outpatient facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, practitioners and physician groups as well as health plans, other health insurance companies, and pharmacy benefit managers. Also drives integration with government agencies. How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center . Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.