Senior Manager - DevSecOps ToolsAbout Dish
Our Vision is to change the way the world communicates. Our Mission is to connect people and things.
We are reimagining the way people watch TV with services like Sling and AirTV. We are redefining the boundaries of communication and connectivity too, with our planned green field 5G cloud native network build out and the Internet of Things. Nothing is out of our reach, and the opportunity to shape the future of entertainment and technology has never been more tangible. About the position
Our mission is to build a modern, hybrid cloud enterprise platform for all DISH to consume. Our environment is...
- Highly elastic
- Based on some of the latest and greatest cloud native technologies
- Very fast paced
Your team will be...
- Building enterprise grade, highly available instances of our core toolsets for all engineers in the organization to consume
- Tools that you will manage include: Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory, The Atlassian Stack (Jira, Confluence, Bit Bucket), SonarQube, ArgoCD, Fortify, Netsparker, white hat, OWASP
- Driving a customer centric approach to the evolution of our platform
- Continuing our efforts to realize a robust hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Enabling modern applications to run effectively, with the right level of observability and security based into the platform
- Delivering software in an agile environment, continuously
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be...
- Highly motivated, driven & hard working
- Not afraid to fail
- Have a good understanding of system administration, highly available systems, backup and recovery tools, user management in a large enterprise, etc
- Able to build the careers of the folks on your team. Our people are our biggest assets.
- Open to learning new things as we do not expect you to have a deep understanding of all the technologies that are the foundation for our applications. However, if you do have a nuanced understanding of our tech stack, we would like to talk to you that much more
- Able to balance the need to deliver key features to an aggressive schedule while maintaining an intelligent, forward looking strategy
- Able to mentor & influence others, you will need to help define and evolve our architecture while building a highly collaborative environment across our organization
- A big fan of automated testing with in depth knowledge of how to test services well and realize effective CI/CD processes
- An emotionally intelligent, strong leader capable of building a high-performance team
A successful Manager - Platform Engineering will have:
Technologies in our environment:
- Available to work onsite out of our American Fork, UT or Englewood, CO offices
- A 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, master's degree is preferred or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of professional enterprise development / systems / operations experience, 5+ years leadership experience
- 3+ years managing / leading a team of 5 or more
- Experience building and managing large, highly available enterprise grade applications
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, CI/CD tools, DevSecOps tools, etc
Here are some of the key technologies that make up our environment. While we do not expect you to have a detailed understanding of each, the more of these you are familiar with the better.
- Programming Languages: Go, Java, Python, node js, typescript, etc
- CI/CD & DevSecOps tools: Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, ArgoCD, Fortify, Netsparker, white hat, OWASP, Vault, Salt Stack, Terraform, etc
- Automated testing of applications, Continuous Integration (CI), TDD, and/or BDD
- Core Data services: Confluent Stack, Kafka, Couchbase, Cassandra, Rabbit MQ, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Redis, etc
- Core platform services: Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher, Consul, AWS, Jaeger, gRPC, Istio, Calico, Google Cloud Platform, NGINX, etc
- Serverless / Function as a service concepts, implementations & patterns
- Web scale, distributed systems
Compensation: $85,905.00/Yr. - $136,190.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.