Power the economic growth and competitiveness of New York State by providing customers with low-cost, reliable power and the innovative energy infrastructure and services they value.
Sr. Manager, Information Technology (IT) Project Management Office (PMO) Center of Excellence provides leadership and management capability to implementing IT solutions.
Planning and Budget
* Participate in compiling of the IT application budgets during budget season.
* Provide monitoring, tracking and summaries of the financial performance against both operating budgets and capital expenditure for IT projects.
* Responsible for overseeing the invoice management for IT projects.
* Responsible for maintaining the IT PMO methodology and managing IT s PMO compliance to industry regulations.
* Responsible for overseeing detailed project plans, confirming project scope, and managing stakeholders for multiple PMO COE activities.
* Maintain compliance to the policies and standards for the PMO organization.
* As a member of the Strategic Technology Enterprise Projects Committee (STEP) is expected to provide insight and thought leadership on IT Strategies.
* Along with the Director and CIO managing and reporting on exceptions via System Review Board.
* Assume responsibility for PMO governance of application project portfolio and participate in the development of IT strategic planning sessions.
* Provide leadership to project managers within IT, developing a training curriculum and budget for formalizing project manager training. Provide oversight and direction for all PMO projects and initiatives.
* Oversee structure, processes, and procedures to accomplish objectives, which include metrics of success and associated deliverables. Alignment entails understanding a top-down vision, with goals and objectives from the business strategy flowing through to successful completion of projects for program objectives.
* Ensure quality assurance includes checks and balances for compliance with standards and vision alignment. Perform regular reviews for accountability, stakeholder expectations, and vendors or service suppliers performance.
* Facilitate best practice sharing across the enterprise.
* Create and manage the COE s knowledge management portal.
* Provide technical and administrative guidance to a team of technology professionals engaged in project management, budget management, financial administration / invoice processing, status reporting, and portfolio management.
* Maintain customer relationships; provide business process expertise and guidance on solutions to business problems and challenges.
* Develop /oversee the training, development and adoption of a project management discipline within IT.
* Responsible for collaborating across the enterprise to identify and develop best practices and methodology standards and facilitate their adoption.
* Oversee the IT portfolio, monitoring projects and progress.
* Manage, attract and retain talent within the team, providing day to day direction, feedback, developmental guidance, performance appraisals, recommendations on goals and reward recommendations.
* Other responsibilities, e.g. manage contractors / vendor management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Basic Knowledge and Skills
* NYPA business including operation, customer, back office, and NYISO business processes.
* NYPA applications including SAP/ERP, Maximo, NYISO applications, Sharepoint, and others.
* NYPA application platform including database, application servers, middleware, and security policies/protocols.
* NYPA LAN, SAN, hardware, VMWare, network, telecommunications, and other infrastructure/Data Center environments.
System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) skills and experience
* Technical skills in all phases of SDLC techniques (i.e. Waterfall / Agile / Iterative).
* Broad understanding of IT industry project management trends and tools as they apply to providing solutions to stated business issues and opportunities.
Management skills and experience
* Planning with priorities and flexible capability based on the business focus shifting.
* Build a high performing team in rapid business and technology changing environment.
* Collaboration with other teams company wide.
Project Management skills and experience
* PMI project management methodology.
* Providing oversight of project manager performance and project success.
* Experience managing large complex projects and programs.
* Leadership of project teams including sponsors, stakeholders and project participants.
* Effective project communication of project information and status.
* Electric Utility Industry Perspective Knowledge.
Education, Experience and Certifications
* Bachelor s Degree in Business or Computer Sciences or related education is required.
* Master s Degree in Business (e.g. MBA) or Computer Sciences is preferred.
* 10+ years in IT Project Management / Business Process Development.
* Minimum 12 years quality experience (or a minimum of 15 years of directly related experience for non-degree holders including at least 12 years in Project /Program management) which include the following capacity: Leading and managing day to day PMO activities.
* Multi-methodology project delivery.
* SDLC knowledge including design, build, test, and deployment.
* Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
* Certifications / Other: PMP, MS Office, PPM Tool Usage.
Overnight travel to the various NYPA locations within New York State.
The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer