Maxonic is seeking for a Senior Manager of Consumer Web Applications that will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of consumer facing applications that effectively help consumers and professionals to meet their various needs. This candidate will have the opportunity to improve many internal processes and implementation of corporate-wide standards. Your daily tasks will allow you to work closely with Software Developers, SQA, Engineering Management, Project Managers, and a diverse group of cross-functional teams including software, Information Technology Team, Marketing, and Sales.
- Manage resource scheduling and task execution to plans and objectives.
- Develop team members and position them to succeed.
- Provide supervision for direct reports including hired services contractors.
- Establish individual performance goals, review performance against goals and provide mentorship & coaching for employee development.
- Provide solutions to field reported Software defects and customer requested enhancements.
- Implement quality software solutions to a variety of problems or needs contributing to the design, implementation and documentation of various software modules.
- Ability to troubleshoot and quickly come up with solutions related to networks, systems integration, and various types of client based applications.
- Identify GAPS in current processes and work on improvements.
- Design, code and debug applications in various software languages. Integrates software with existing systems.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with an ability to build relationships and work across multi-functional organizations.
- Ability to perform under pressure situations, while developing sound implementation approaches which solve the business problem or environment.
- Demonstrated track record of creating, implementing and managing disciplined, well document processes supporting explicit service levels.
- Proven track record of handling business support in a high pressure, client-facing environment, supporting multiple technologies and systems.
- Demonstrated track record of working effectively across organizations boundaries.
- Demonstrates ability to use innovative ideas to solve problems in a cost effective manner.
- Proven track record of managing a team, preferably in a global environment.
- Effective leadership, communication, collaboration and project management skills.
- BS/MS degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- 8 + years industry experience with a significant portion of that in IT functions
- 8+ years of experience in application and systems is required with at least
- 4 years as Technical lead or Development manager or equivalent Lead role
- 3 + years proven experience with Ruby on Rails / NodeJS development in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with Mobile web development
- 2+ Experience with cloud based infrastructure (Heroku, Amazon...) a must
- Expertise with Ruby on Rails architecture, cross-platform integration, and building scalable applications in heterogeneous environments.
- Strong PostgreSQL and MySQL skills including database design and optimization
- Internationalization/Localization and Salesforce knowledge and experience a strong plus
- Experience with AJAX, XML, JSON, and useful Design Patterns
- Experience with caching system a plus
- Strong knowledge about software development methodologies
- Experience with Build Management, Software Configuration Management, Change Management, and Release Management activities
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Test-Driven Development and/or Behavior-Driven Development.
- Knowledge of User Experience design methodologies a plus
Interested in Applying?
Maxonic looks forward to seeing your resume and providing support on your new journey. We are accepting resumes today at or contact - Doris / Recruiter.