At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
DISH Wireless is seeking a Senior Manager of Network Engineering over data center networks with secondary advanced knowledge in security and automation. This manager will oversee network planning, architecture, and design of on-premise and cloud based data center network environments supporting the buildout of our new 5G wireless infrastructure.
The Network Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing a team accountable for architecture and design/Implementation of large-scale data center networking within Dish facilities and public cloud providers. Data center network designs will include server switching infrastructure across multiple data centers nationwide, interconnectivity with private cloud platforms, virtual routing facilities for control, management, and customer networks, and interconnectivity with Internet and third parties.
This team will have a close cross-functional relationship with Xhaul Network Engineering, Network Security, Network automation, Data Mobility Engineering, Core Translations Design, Traffic/Transport Engineering, Network Implementation/Design, Performance Management and Peering Interconnect Management teams. This role is a key, strategic part of our business, and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions. This role reports to the Head of Network Engineering for DISH Wireless and may require some travel.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage Network Design/Implementation team and provide consistent leadership through the hiring, planning, communicating, and managing of the team
- Create and maintain network architecture
- Design and develop network node configurations
- Support validation, deployment, optimization and operations of network nodes
- Manage capital budget, commercial contracts, hardware/software purchase orders
- Testing and validation of new IP services, feature enhancements and software bug fixes
- Establish, validate and maintain direct interconnects with other mobile carriers for interoperability
- Develop and maintain 2 to 3-year strategic infrastructure plan including long-term vision, technology roadmaps, goals and objectives
- Develop and oversee change management and quality assurance processes including review and approval of engineering design proposals, implementation plans, and acceptance plans
A successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide advanced technical leadership for complex project work, including functional subsystem upgrades for mission-critical network devices and services as well as strategic upgrades to the network
- Design, plan, and implement complex Data Center and public cloud network configurations
- Supply advanced technical direction and leadership to the organization through the planning and implementation processes
- Establish requirements, provide analysis for network and services specifications, network design, network partitioning, and network architecture definition
- Provide advanced expertise in the development of network test, validation, and integration plans on projects, and assurance of network integrity
- Work independently with vendors to understand, test, and drive new innovative features
Candidate should have extensive knowledge in the following areas:
- Data Center network design and engineering
- Multi-site architecture, Spine/leaf configuration, VDCs, edge routing
- eBGP, iBGP, IS-IS, VRFs, and QoS
- Integration with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Server virtualization - VMWare, Openstack
- Network Deployment and Operations Automation - Ansible, Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP)
- Network configuration automation (Scripting with Perl/Python/Bash)
- IPv6 - SLAAC and DHCPv6
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) - Design and Traffic Engineering
- Solid Understanding of the OSI model, routing and switching protocols, network security, IPv4 and IPv6 networking, subnetting, and operational experience
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering preferred, or ten or more years of professional experience in large enterprise or carrier space
- Professional networking certifications a plus- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE/JNCIE or equivalent
- Public cloud certifications a plus - Advanced Networking, Cloud Network Engineer, or equivalent
Compensation: $119,175.00/Yr. - $177,000.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.