Job Title: Senior QA Manual + Automation Engineer, with BPM experience
Location: Moorestown, NJ
Duration: 12 months +
Results oriented Software QA Engineer Lead with minimum 8 years total hands-on experience, including 5 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test teams. Proven liaison and partnership skills to effectively manage client expectations along with accomplished communication, negotiation and problem resolution skills. Innovative problem solver with hands on testing experience and ability to see both the business and technical sides of the problem. Reengineered and facilitated key QA methodologies, processes and metrics standards resulting in increased quality of releases delivered to clients. Strong expertise in UI automation and backend testing. Strong analytical skills with solid technical background in distributed development environments. Essential Job Functions:
• Lead QA initiatives including managing QA teams of 2-3 people and contributing to the testing effort in a hands-on role
• Strong expertise in designing and implementing UI automation tests using Java and Selenium
• Proficient in testing backend components, REST APIs & Web Services.
• Work with the QA Manager to evaluate and enhance SQA standards, technologies and approaches
• Using built automation framework, work with Automation lead to evaluate automating strategy and approaches
• Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices
• Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
• Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally
• Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers
• Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated)
• Work closely with cross-functional organizations, project teams and clients to develop project schedules, execute test plans and cases and deliver high quality products
• Track testing risks and develop mitigation action plans
• Responsibilities will include the creation and execution of detailed test scripts to verify software functionality and adherence to business requirements (Including manual and automated testing environments).
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Willing to work very hard to achieve the highest level of quality
• Excellent leadership and coaching skills
• Consultative management and communications styles
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Experience managing QA teams on initiatives of at least 3 people
• Experience with software test processes
• Proven ability to lead offshore teams
• Capable of adapting to a rapidly evolving environment
• Strong people management, interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
• Proven track record of delivering high quality products
• Expert at SQA methodologies, tools and approaches (manual and automated testing experience)
• Knowledge of HTML, XML, SQL preferred
• Extensive knowledge of QA tools such as ALM, Jira and methodologies
• Experience in a web consulting environment preferred
• 8 years of experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience. Related work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University.
• Advanced skills, subject matter expert with 8+ years QA experience.