Senior Market Analyst, Miami
Job Description OVERVIEW
CoStar delivers real-time, verified commercial real estate data that helps clients confidently spot great opportunities and make smart choices ahead of competitors. By combining the power of CoStar's independent research organization - the industry's largest - with global data delivery, software, and application solutions, clients can act on opportunities with confidence.
The Market Analytics team is the heart of CoStar, capturing market-critical information that enables our commercial real estate clients to make informed, high impact business decisions daily. CoStar Group's research contributes to the most important segment of our economy, helping businesses open offices, retail stores, warehouses, and manufacturing facilities. CoStar Group is seeking a Senior Market Analystto join our growing research organization in Miami, Florida.
As CoStar Senior Market Analyst,you will compile comprehensive information and data about specific markets (in this case, Miami) and be responsible for the creation of graphics utilizing both Excel and PowerPoint to showcase market trends. You will then communicate findings regarding the state of the markets, w orking side by side with the researchers, pipeline analysts, and research managers to share influential market analysis and trends.
This position can be based in either our Miami office or our Ft. Lauderdale office, in an optional hybrid work environment. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for producing meaningful, relevant, and insightful analysis of real estate market conditions for inclusion in CoStar's product offerings.
- Works to compile comprehensive information and data about specific markets utilizing that information and personal market knowledge to develop an informed opinion of overall market conditions and peculiarities.
- Content will take various forms, including 1) written narratives in CoStar's market and sub-market reports; 2) visual content included in presentations about the market; 3) verbal discussions about the market with CoStar customers; and 4) written and visual content sent to the media.
- Deliver in person and video market updates to CoStar clients and industry groups, focusing on economic and CRE trends in the market.
- Regularly review CoStar data for accuracy, timeliness and quality and ensuring errors and outliers are corrected in a timely manner.
- Other products containing commentary and analysis may be added as the MA team develops strategies to inform Costar clients and disseminate expert market knowledge.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in economics, finance, urban planning or real estate; graduate degree preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience in commercial real estate and familiarity with the local Miami-area markets.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Firm understanding of economic theory and principles and their application to the real estate industry.
- Demonstrated writing skills; ability to write effectively and in large volumes.
- Strong data and analysis skills, in particular using MS Office.
- Good communication skills.
- Polished presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing