Will be in the office 2 days during the week post Covid-19
Sr. Marketing Business Analyst - SAS
The Senior Marketing Business Analyst reports directly to the VP of Marketing Business Analytics and is responsible for gathering the necessary information and data to provide analysis for marketing needs. The Senior Analyst is responsible for developing complex reporting with an understanding of current business processes and metrics as they relate to the mortgage industry.
Essential Job Functions:
• Analyze & report on the performance of key marketing metrics to gauge trends, benchmarks, and performance of Marketing Campaigns
• Derive value by analyzing customer data and identifying marketing opportunities
• Partner with internal customers including Call Center and finance colleagues in developing marketing analysis and reports
• Execute recurring / Ad hoc direct marketing analysis and dashboards
• Creates and maintains documentation regarding all analysis and reporting
• Plays a key role in educating the Business on reporting and analytics solutions
• Manages and maintains current report catalog including automating manual reports as well as improvements to existing reports.
• Manages reporting for additions, modifications or deletions to data and the reporting environment.
• Other duties may be assigned
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Strong working knowledge of SAS, SQL and Oracle (or similar) relational databases
• Experience with marketing analytics and database
• Proven analytical skills in data mining, data manipulation, report development and visualization
• 5+ years of Marketing Analytics or similar practical experience in financial services industry – preferably mortgage or credit card
• Proficiency in initiating, establishing and maintaining relationships with the business community
• Experience with BI report development tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Tableau, Business Objects, or other data visualization tools
• Ability to transform data into a story
• Attention to details, ability to QC your own work
Desired but not necessary:
• Prior project management experience
• Knowledge of the mortgage industry
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Economics, Finance, Computer Science or related analytical fields
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to think creatively in complex situations
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Must be flexible and comfortable in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities, projects and timelines
Strong written skill desired. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. #CB