Kforce's client, a growing engineering technology company in the Tempe, AZ area, is seeking a Mechanical Product Development engineer with probe card design experience. We are working directly with the Hiring Manager on this exclusive search assignment.
In this role, the Senior Mechanical Product Development Engineer will work with Engineering Team on product development and capability enhancement activities in the manufacture of probe cards. They are required to acquire a complete understanding of probe card design, build and test concepts to help with troubleshooting design, manufacturing, or field issues. The Senior Mechanical Product Development Engineer will provide leadership on new projects to come up with an appropriate technology and solutions to customer's needs that may be slightly out of the standard product offerings.
* Drives multiple product development projects through to completion with successful hand-off to manufacturing
* Provides leadership and direction on a variety of projects as needed; Performs or guides designers on highly complex Probe Card designs, creates engineering documentation and helps with CAD files from ambiguous or open-ended instructions to satisfy order requirements
* Performs feasibilities on complex design & technical compliance requirements and comes up with innovative ideas to resolve various constraints
* Works with designers through the completion of the design process
* Performs failure analysis by analyzing data extensively and looks for trends and anomalies
* Runs experiments to verify the failure mode and validate theories
* Designs experiments for product or component testing
* Assists manufacturing whenever required on process issues concerning new or existing products
* B.S. in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering or other related engineering fields
* M.S. in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering or other related engineering fields preferred
* 5-10 years of engineering experience in probe card products or similar types of products
* Experience with relevant 3D parametric design software (Solidworks preferred) with strong mechanics of materials background
* Strong engineering and design skills with an eye for detail
* Ability to lead projects to completion by satisfying all qualification requirements within an agreed upon timeframe
* Must be hands-on, meticulous and detailed, and possess good business acumen
* Ability to work in teams is extremely important and highly desired
* Strong communication (verbal and written English), organization, and time management skills required
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software preferred
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.