A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
The New York Life Security Organization is looking for an individual to support our security Metrics and Reporting - Dashboarding efforts. We are looking for a skilled professional who is experienced in data visualization. This person will be responsible for the creation of dashboards that will support the operational management and governance of our security services. Our primary platform for dashboarding is Tableau and the ideal candidate will have experience with this tool along with a data preparation tool such as Trifacta. Role and Responsibilities
- Assist the security metrics program development and implementation
- Ensure providing complete, accurate, and timely metrics information to stakeholders
- Ensure a standard process is used throughout the security organization for metrics development, creation, and analysis
- Develop dashboards for various audiences including operations team leads, governance, risk, senior leadership, etc.
- Ensure that metric data is consistently collected, analyzed, and available for reported to leadership and other needs
- Actively solicit input from stakeholders and provide feedback to the leadership and program manager at every step of metrics lifecycle from development to operational phases
- Assist periodic refinement of standards-based and best practices compliant security metrics
- Meet with area managers and governance teams to understand their metric and reporting needs
- Provide project estimations for build and run of new and updated dashboards
- Work with system owners to understand source data capabilities
- Work with system owners to improve data ingestion (automation, direct connectors, etc)
- Manage any 3rd party consultants employed to support the dashboards
- Ensure the security of the data within the databases/data-hubs/and other storage locations used for the dashboards
- Follow best practices for secure code development
- Follow NYL TDLC and other process and standards
General Experience, Education and Professional Certifications:
- Experience in data visualization tools (such as Tableau, Qlikview)
- Preferred Tableau certifications (Desktop/Server Certified Associate and above
- Experience in software development life-cycle and methodologies (e.g., Agile development)
- Preferred Experience in supporting programming/ development tools (such as R, Python, VBA) for ad-hoc advanced insights and reporting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to tailor communication style to audience at hand and to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical resources.
- Self-directed, works with minimal guidance, and recognizes when guidance needed.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to gather and document requirements and translate to technical plans
- Technical background, with an ability to think outside the box and propose original solutions.
- Understanding of the following technologies is required:
- SQL Integration Services
- SQL Management Studio
- SQL Reporting Services
- Possess a willingness to learn innovative approaches and tools in a fast-paced environment.
- 2-5 years of experience in metrics and reporting including building dashboards prefered
- Experience working with Tableau, SQL, other reporting tools
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience in technology roles
[NYC or Jersey City, NJ)
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.