A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
The New York Life Security Organization is looking for an individual to provide data management and governance functions in support of the services we deliver. We are looking for a skilled professional to work with the data owners across numerous sources to facilitate ingestion for our reporting programs. This person will also be responsible for building processes to ensure that the data is complete and accurate. Data accuracy is a critical function for our organization as it will support multiple programs and reporting thereof that will be delivered to oversight committees, audit teams, regulatory requests, and management up to and possibly including the Board of Trustees. Role and Responsibilities
- Work with data owners to develop and improve delivery methods to support our metrics and reporting needs
- Develop and improve data accuracy and assurance processes
- Ensure providing complete, accurate, and timely metrics information to stakeholders
- Ensure a standard process is used throughout the security organization for data collection, preparation and quality
- Work with the dashboarding team to ensure data preparation meets the metric requirements
- Actively solicit input from stakeholders and provide feedback to the leadership and program managers
- Assist periodic refinement of standards-based and best practices compliant security metrics
- Meet with area managers and governance teams to understand their metric and reporting needs
- Provide project estimations for build and run of new and updated dashboards
- Work with system owners to improve data ingestion (automation, direct connectors, etc)
- Manage any 3rd party consultants employed to support data management and governance
- Ensure the security of the data within the databases/data-hubs/and other storage locations used therein
- Follow best practices for secure code development
- Follow NYL TDLC and other process and standards
General Experience, Education and Professional Certifications:
- Experience in managing/developing data preparation workflows (e.g., Alteryx, Trifacta, Tableau Prep)
- Experience in developing and executing change management around data-sources, including training and awareness, stakeholder communication, issue resolution and escalation protocols
- Understanding and experience in data management, including ETL processes, database principles, data security and stewardship
- Experience in software development life-cycle and methodologies (e.g., Agile development)
- Preferred Experience in supporting programming/ development tools (such as R, Python, VBA) for ad-hoc advanced insights and reporting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to tailor communication style to audience at hand and to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical resources.
- Self-directed, works with minimal guidance, and recognizes when guidance needed.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to gather and document requirements and translate to technical plans
- Technical background, with an ability to think outside the box and propose original solutions.
- Prefer an understanding of the following technologies is required:
- SQL Integration Services
- SQL Management Studio
- SQL Reporting Services
- Possess a willingness to learn innovative approaches and tools in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in data management and governance related roles
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience in technology roles
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.