Senior MicroStrategy Developer
Location: Reston, VA
Job Type: 12 Months Contract
- In this role, the candidate will Collaborate with EIS stakeholders to develop functional requirements.
- Design and build complex internal reporting suites using MicroStrategy platform tools.
- Develop business intelligence applications for data analysis optimized for the best performance and scalability requirements using MicroStrategy.
- Deliver high quality business intelligence solutions for our customers
- Lead testing and deployment of the solution to ensure it meets business requirements.
- Take ownership of cross team issues and delivery issues including pro-actively communicating across teams to coordinate activities.
- Interact with customer to understand their feedback and provide assistance and training when and where necessary.
- hands-on, MicroStrategy Platform experience, including: Advanced Analytics Reports, Visual Insight Dashboards and Report Services Document creation.
- Fluent in SQL and able to read and write complex queries, views and stored procedures.
- Experience in core Business Intelligence/ Data warehousing technology: RDBMS, Web, Client/ Server, OLAP, etc.
- Experience with Big Data environments (Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience working with capturing reporting on Current and Historical Data.
- Experience working with Transformations, Complex reports, Report Services Documents (Dashboards), Rolling Metrics, Nested Metrics, Relationship Filters, VLDB Properties (multi-pass sql, hints, etc)
- Strong technical and non-technical problem-solving skills
- Healthcare Experience a Plus
- Good communication skills required (verbal and written)
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Required - Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or closely related or equivalent
- Preferred - Master’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, Big Data or Analytics or equivalent
Equal Employment Opportunity
Reliable Software employment does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other basis as covered by federal, state, or local law.
Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business needs.