Senior Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator/Engineer Job Location
: Falls Church, VA Overview:
NikSoft Systems Corporation is a recognized Information Technology solutions provider. Founded in 1998 and based in Reston, Virginia, NikSoft is a CMMI Level 3 Certified company with an established reputation for excellence and on-time delivery with a consistently high customer satisfaction rating from its Federal Government and private consulting contracts.
NikSoft is currently conducting a search for a professional and experienced Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator/Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will have experience in a fast-paced and small business federal contracting environment. Job Description:
Successful candidates will require an ability to apply consulting experience and skills in analysis, design, and early development of complex database systems using Microsoft SQL Server to provide our client oversight of modernization and sustainment of high availability enterprise applications. We are modernizing our client's applications using leading technologies as well as implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery, DevOps, and microservices architecture while moving applications to commercial clouds such as Amazon Web Services. The candidate will leverage experience in architecting, configuring, building, deploying, and supporting Microsoft SQL Server as a shared service across the. The successful candidate will architect and engineer upgrades, modifications, and sustainment of applications running on Windows-based platforms in a virtualized enterprise that is migrating to Cloud services. A deep understanding of DoD and government security standards and policies are needed to ensure all deployed changes are highly secure and available. The candidate will work directly with senior-level systems and software engineers and architects to implement solution designs in a large complex worldwide enterprise. Qualifications:
- Seven (7) or more years in Administration of Microsoft SQL Server to include the latest version.
- Ten (10) or more years total experience supporting enterprise-class applications in a significant engineering or administrative role.
- Experience designing and implementation of a multi-tenant Microsoft SQL Server Cluster or Farm with high availability and disaster recovery.
- Extensive Microsoft SQL Server database administration experience.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment frameworks, practices, and tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server containerization with Docker and deployment with Kubernetes.
- Database and data warehouse architecture implementation and administration.
- Analyzing data architectures and backend data stores.
- Understanding database concepts and data structures, including an understanding of dimensional data modeling, OLAP and OLTP.
- T-SQL script optimization, database tuning, and backup/restore functions.
- Monitoring and diagnosis of systems for availability, performance, and failures.
- Evaluate existing and future DoD source data systems for data processing and integration.
- Supporting the Program Management Office (PMO) and/or users to address their requests, questions, and concerns.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with a track record of taking solution ownership
- Communication skills key! Demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate with leadership and key stakeholders.
- Ability to articulate design and configuration choices and bring about consensus.
**MUST BE A AND BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THE GOVERNMENT'S BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION**
- BS degree in Information Technology or another related technical discipline
- Certification in Microsoft SQL Server Administration (Desired)