CMK Resources is seeking a Senior Kafka Engineer. You will be responsible for the design, architecture, implementation, and on-going support of Kafka clusters on-premise and in the cloud. Our team is responsible for managing and delivering always running platforms to design, develop and support its IT applications.
Title: Senior Kafka Engineer
Job Location: St. Louis, MO
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of our information strategy.
- Collaborate with IT team members to plan, design, develop, and implement applications and services utilizing event-driven processing.
- Perform installation, upgrades, capacity planning, and migrations across multiple regions for the Kafka platform.
- Implement highly available solutions to maximize platform availability during planned or unplanned outages.
- Proactively monitor and fix platform availability and performance issues.
- Resolve production issues including platform tuning, optimization and recovery.
- Respond appropriately to emergency support situations and produce quick and effective solutions to platform technical problems under high pressure.
- Strong experience in designing, building, and supporting highly available, high volume, infrastructure with Apache/Confluent Kafka across regional sites.
- Preferred experience with Kafka security (SSL/SASL/ACLs), Kafka Connect, Rest Proxy, Confluent Control Center, KSQL.
- Experience in documenting and implementing best practices and optimizing Kafka, Zookeeper and JVM.
- Experience with DevOps tools like Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, Python and Shell Scripting.
- Experience with Google Cloud is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting and proactive analytical skills to ensure minimum downtime of production data platform.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills - ability to work with development teams.
- Ability to operate independently and lead the projects with minimum guidelines from management.
*Sorry, we cannot consider any 3rd party or Corp to Corp applicants
CMK Resources is an IT Staffing company that is focused on recruiting the most talented IT professionals in and around the data center space for world class organizations. CMK is built on a promise to provide a personal experience to each and every customer and consultant. We listen to customer challenges, upcoming projects, culture, and technologies to identify the right talent in the right amount of time. We take the time to understand what our consultants are great at and what environments they excel in. Our entire recruiting process takes place within the U.S. by Technical Recruiters familiar with the IT industry. We provide unrivaled personal service and industry knowledge that exceeds the competition.