At MassMutual, we're passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing highly interactive digital experiences for our customers. The Digital Experience team, part of MassMutual's Customer Experience organization, is comprised of collaborative, cross-functional, product centric groups who like to have fun, challenge each other, and are energized to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers. We design, build, and support all of MassMutual's customer-facing digital assets.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring Mobile Developers to join our team.What great looks like in this role
Our ideal Mobile Developer candidate is team-oriented, possesses excellent communication skills and who has proven work experience developing and supporting complex mobile applications utilizing current mobile development frameworks. Leveraging a solid knowledge of mobile architecture, frameworks and development tools, candidates will work in a collaborative environment to architect and develop advanced mobile capabilities for a suite of apps.
You're also team-oriented and take a collaborative approach to working with others. With a flat leadership structure, the opportunity for flexibility within role, and development into other areas is a core reason most people desire to work in Digital Experience at MassMutual.Objectives of this role
Give direction to other mobile developers, take direction from the head of mobile and creative leads while communicating issues, providing estimates, and helping to envision creative solutions to technical challenges. Our Mobile Developers must demonstrate the ability to master new/emerging technologies and take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions.Daily and monthly responsibilities
Skills and qualifications
- Architect and develop advanced mobile capabilities for a suite of apps
- Provide support and direction to other mobile developers
- Take direction from the head of mobile and creative leads while communicating issues and driving toward resolution
- Provide estimates, and helping to envision creative solutions to technical challenges
- Drive toward the effective utilization of the latest technologies, partnering with business stakeholders across the team, as well as experts in other areas including data science to achieve these goals.
- Learn and master new and emerging technologies and take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions.
- 8 years of development experience
- Demonstrated experience with one of the following languages; Swift or Java or Kotlin
- Significant experience in mobile application development including a deep understanding of how to architect reusable mobile frameworks and solutions
- Authorized to work in the United States with or without sponsorship
- Bachelor's degree in CE, CS, EE, ME MIS
- CI/CD Knowledge & BDD Development
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience developing and using mobile Frameworks (cocoapods, gradle,maven, fastlane etc.)
- 4+ years of mobile development experience is preferred
- 10+ year of development experience is preferred