Senior Monitoring Engineer
Salary: up to $110,000 Commensurate with Experience
The successful candidate will serve as a Senior Monitoring Engineer reporting to the Public Safety IT Services Division within The Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications (DoITT).
- Support Public Safety 911 enterprise monitoring environment which comprises multiple tools such as, NetIQ, and Netcool Omnibus;
- Suite; hands-on design, implementation and configuration for NetIQ, and Netcool;
- Diagnose and resolve incidents;
- Implement appropriate corrective actions for known errors;
- Troubleshoot performance issues; integrate and understand event streams in Element Management Systems such as NetIQ, Netcool and others used by Public Safety support teams;
- Track ongoing status of any incident and their corresponding problem record to ensure that identified problems are addressed and resolved;
- Respond to and closely coordinate incident resolution and ongoing resolution status of all support requests for infrastructure monitoring team;
- Develop and implement monitoring policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources for various technologies such as VMs, Unix, Linux, Window servers, and applications; follow ITIL standards and Public Safety own policies;
- Work closely with peer teams such as VM, Windows and Unix support to provide a holistic solution for users and agencies:
- Ensure devices are discovered and also removed from the topology models;
- Manage ticket creation and/or relationships for root cause and symptomatic events; and
- Handle special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- 5+ years ‘experience executing technical discovery, design, and deployment deliverables for the discovery and monitoring systems;
- Extensive technical background covering all aspects of system implementation and integration with an enterprise IT production environment;
- 5+ years in the following: strong technical knowledge and understanding of web application coding and web designing using one or more of the following:
- Proven experience with PERL, and UNIX Shell Scripting a plus;
- Familiar with monitoring tools such as NetIQ IBM NetCool, ScienceLogic, NetScout; ITIL v3 Certified a plus;
- Experience in working for a large municipal government.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area and 4 years experience in IT automation and engineering related to the area(s) required by the particular position;
- Bachelor’s degree other than computer science and 8 years’ experience in IT automation and engineering related to the area(s) required by the particular position;
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above.
Click on the "Apply Now" button
Apply Online: Go to www.nyc.gov/jobs/search and search for Job ID #435497
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW
APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO OVERSIGHT APPROVALS
Visit us at www.nyc.gov/DoITT
The Department of Information Technology & Telecommunications
and the City of New York are equal opportunity employers.
DoITT participates in E-Verify