Iris's Direct Client, one of the largest Investment Bank is looking to hire a strong Senior DevOps Engineer for a very long-term contract opportunity
Provide DevOps Systems Engineering Support to software development teams and other IT areas.
Extensive expertise and experience in the following areas:
• In depth knowledge in JIRA, installation, configuration and support
• Experience in configuring and supporting CI/CD on a wide range of DevOps tools, like Chef, Puppet, Git, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Testing Framework, etc.
• Scripting using Shell, Perl, Python, Powershell, and/or other scripting languages.
• Experience in DevOps principles and methodologies using SCRUM, Agile, and related rapid application development approaches.
• Knowledge and experience with public Cloud architecture, solutions and implementations, including Iaas, SaaS, preferably in AWS (VPC, IAM, SES, SNS, EC2, , Autoscaling, Cloudwatch, Cloudformation, CloudTrail, DynamoDB, S3, API Gateway, Lambda, etc.) and/or Azure.
• Exposure or experience in the following tools is a plus: JON, SCOM, XL Deploy, Splunk, AppDynamics, Optim, Tumbleweed, Comodo CA, Tealeaf, Oracle Identity Services tools (OIM, OAM, OAAM, OIF, Oracle BI), and Reporting services.
• Good understanding of RDMS concepts, preferably in Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server.
• Knowledge and experience supporting ESB and Microservices platforms on JBoss and Tomcat, with applications implementing in Java, Spring, Restful Webservices, JQuery, Maven, and Git.
• Installing, configuring, tuning, maintaining, and troubleshooting a large array of middleware, especially RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) OS, JBoss, Tomcat & Apache on RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) OS as well as IIS on Window Server, etc.
Knowledge and experience in the following areas:
• Knowledge and experience of systems security concepts and best practices for both public and internal facing applications.
• Knowledge and experience in implementing middleware clustering, HA design, and performance tuning.
• Understanding, supporting, maintaining, and troubleshooting network infrastructure services, including but not limited to: TCP/IP networking and core web technologies (HTTP, DNS, SMTP, NFS), firewalls, load balancers, routers, jump boxes, storage devices, databases, etc.
• Working closely and coordinating with application teams, internal and external IT staff and vendors to support infrastructure services, for example, software patches, upgrades, troubleshooting tickets and related analysis and research, product comparisons, etc.
• Establishing, maintaining, and refining processes, standards and hardening guides for a variety of engineering services, for example OS standards, release processes, and other engineering tools that support the organization.
Education, Certifications, or Special Licenses:
Bachelor of Science with minor in Computer Information Systems Certifications in Linux, JBOSS and DevOps a plus
At least 7 years’ experience in Senior Engineering role
200 Metroplex Drive #300 Edison, NJ, 08817Contact