A leading global provider of legal, regulatory, and business information and analytics is seeking a Senior MySQL Database Administrator.
As Senior MySQL Database Administrator, you will be working with DBAs and Database Architects in a technologically diverse environment in our best-in-class enterprise data centers and Azure cloud-based environments. You will be contributing towards the support and migration of our large and diverse database environment to the cloud. Be part of a team where best practices and standards are the norm and all are empowered to achieve success. A team that continually masters a high degree of collaboration, knowledge sharing and where members are able to excel in their accomplishments and realize their career goals.
Provide the Production Support for the MySQL database management systems and all related software handling complex replications.
Handle migrations of MySQL databases involving Replications to Azure and provide support.
Learn existing DevOPS centric DBA Support Infrastructure and contribute towards improvements.
Assume on-call support and handle critical database issues that arise in the evening or on weekends.
• Involved MySQL DBA working experience on Linux and Unix environments handling complex Replication environments.
• Extensive industry experience that include serving as a DBA in all facets of DBMS design, implementation, deployment, administration and maintenance, and project coordination
• Experience in database environment life cycle management and support of production and development environments
• Experience supporting Data Warehousing and ETL processing
• Experienced in database and disk system performance tuning
• Experienced in handling database support and migrations to Azure cloud will be a huge plus
• Self-motivated detail oriented and highly responsible
• Capable of handling multiple assignments and additional responsibilities
• Expert level MySQL DBA knowledge and experience with MySQL 5.6, 5.7 and 8.0 - MySQL certification preferred
• Extensive MySQL technical experience in the following:
High Availability solutions using replication, Disaster Recovery solutions
Backup and recovery using MySQL dumps and Percona tools [i.e., Xtrabackup]
Performance tuning, production operations & support
• Experience performing MySQL patches and Major version upgrades
• Experience in Linux Shell programming, SQL.
• The candidate should be well versed in Information security principles, e.g. access controls, secret management and service discovery
• Bachelor in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems(MIS) or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of MySQL DBA working experience on Linux and Unix environments handling Multi Source Replications.
• 5+ years of experience in database environment life cycle management and support of production and development environments.
• The experience should include DBA Support Infrastructure involving Scripting(shell etc..) and DevOPS based environments comprising versioning management and automation tools that use Ansible, Chef, git etc.
• Involved DBA experience handling the combination of on-prem and Azure cloud would be a huge plus