Position: Sr. .Net Developer
Location: Pleasanton - CA
- Current hands-on involvement in programming and developing applications using C#/.Net Framework/SQL based databases.
- Strong technical skills in using LINQ, LINQ-to-SQL with C#/.Net Framework.
- Strong SQL development skills.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of proven technical lead and architect experience
- Proficiency in Entity Framework and code first design.
- Proficient in ASP.NET as well as ASP.NET MVC web frameworks
- Development experience in an enterprise-class system with multi-tier architecture
- Must have .NET Web application architecture, design, & development experience
- Broad experience with .NET Framework 3.5 or above including WPF, WCF, & WF
- Expert in ASP.NET MVC, Web Forms, & Entity Framework
- Expert in ADO.NET / WFC Data Services and familiar with LINQ
- Expert with Design patterns, SOA design & web service development
- Strong experience in developing for high-availability clustered environments
- Working knowledge of Windows
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Comfortable working in a flexible Agile development environment
- Should be able to write reports using various reports generation tools and languages
- Expert knowledge of SQL statements
- Prior experience in the insurance industry is a plus Microsoft certifications desirable
Deliverables or Tasks
- Provide Development support for back office Projects
- Lead other software engineers to design and implement well-integrated products
- Define and evolve the architecture for the system.
- Expert in all technical aspects of the product
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate technologies based on product needs and industry trends
- Develop creative solutions and write technical design & architecture documents
- Provide work estimates for proposed projects
- Cross-train developers on product features that are implemented
- Constantly look for better processes for projecting and improving project profitability
- Perform hands-on software design and development in .NET
- Develop and execute unit tests for product components
- Establish architectural standards and best practices
- Encourage innovation of process and creative development methodologies
- Work closely with management to determine feasibility of product features
- Establish standards and Perform peer code reviews and provide feedback
- Promote high quality, scalability, and timely completion of projects