Join SAIC's Information Technology (IT) Support Services Team in the Network Operations and Security Center (NOSC) of the US Air Forces Central Command (USAFCENT) Communications Directorate (A6). This opportunity places you at the tip of the spear for Engineering, Operations and Maintenance, Cyber Security, and Defensive Cyber Operations supporting the warfighter in the Southwest Asia area.
USAFCENT is the air component of United States Central Command (USCENTCOM), a regional unified command. USAFCENT, in concert with its coalition, joint and interagency partners, delivers decisive air and space power on behalf of USCENTCOM for the security and stability of the Southwest Asia (SWA) region. The USAFCENT NOSC delivers cyberspace command and control (C2) superiority to the warfighter by engineering, implementing, securing, managing, operating and maintaining USAFCENT's Non-Classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet), Secret Internet Protocol Router (SIPRNet), USCENTCOM Partner Networks (CPN-X), and associated C2 networks, systems and services.
The USAFCENT NOSC executes the full-spectrum of IT services management and operations for USAFCENT networks 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week (24/7); and is tasked by USCENTCOM to provide information assurance (IA) boundary intrusion detection and intrusion prevention for USCENTCOM components. Comprised of NOSC operations, operations support, cybersecurity, network engineering, and command support functions, the USAFCENT NOSC plans, engineers, installs, integrates, operates and maintains, protects and manages enterprise-wide network and systems architecture, infrastructure and services; and provides enterprise-level oversight to its subordinate and supported communications support activities.
Candidates will be working at Shaw AFB, SC and/or Lackland AFB, TX. Frequent temporary duty (TDY) and/or deployment travel to OCONUS locations in the USCENTCOM AOR is required to support sustainment, site surveys, installations, upgrades, integration, testing, troubleshooting and other mission-related requirements.
The candidate for this position provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, provides imaginative, thorough, practicable solutions that are consistent with organization objectives, possesses complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field, has general knowledge of other related disciplines, and provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
Senior Network/Systems Performance & Analysis:
- May design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities.
- Prepares the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
- May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis.
- May evaluate new technology. Duties may include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
Specific duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze a wide array of networking metrics and recognize substandard network performance.
- Perform analysis for collaboration of network / system needs and participate in planning, designing, upgrading and deployment of enterprise datacenter hardware, software and services using a project-based timeline.
- Develop reports and trend analysis documentation on bandwidth and network security incidents.
- Make expert decisions and recommendations on how to resolve, improve, or prevent network problems/issues.
- Create and manage network intrusion devices specific to the Department of Defense as well as many commercial information assurance tools to include Certification Authority (CA) and a variety of virtual private network (VPNs) both software and hardware .
- Develop and update IT systems concept of operations and engineering plans.
- Contractor shall submit daily performance reports and ensures automates performance tools are functioning correctly. Use databases and spreadsheets to manage data for performance analysis. Manage files storage and safeguards data.
- Contractor shall coordinate all efforts closely with Modeling and Simulation, Information Assurance, and Networks to prevent overlap or conflicts of efforts, and the delivery on a single performance report daily.
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. In addition the following certifications and skills are required: Security + CE or CCNA-Sec, Unix, MCSA, CCNA-Switching/Routing, Firewall, SolarWinds Certified Professional, and ITIL Foundation. Desired Qualifications
ITIL 4 Foundation certification or any ITIL v3 Intermediate certification. Any equivalent IAT-II certification, if not the certification listed above.
My SAIC Benefits.