The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for design, development, and engineering level support of the firm's global data network. They will build and execute the strategic road map, with a focus on WAN, LAN, Public Cloud, and On-Prem Data center environments. Our goals are to develop highly available and scalable network environments to support our evolving business needs, improve the user experience with self-service capabilities, and deliver world class solutions to solve business problems. The role will cover all areas of our network infrastructure, including routing, switching, loadbalancing, and WAN acceleration.
The position is responsible for developing and maintaining current and future state architectures and road maps, and overseeing implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Design, development, implementation support, and analysis of technical products and systems as they relate to the data network. Provides advanced design and engineering functions for the data network.
- Validate existing systems and recommend changes to optimize the design and performance of network products and/or procedures
- Acts as a consultant to aid in the development of solutions. Identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness. Works closely with the Project Management Office and stakeholders to provide guidance and advice concerning the network infrastructure
- Provide Level 3 (engineering) support for network systems
- Document designs and operational procedures, and hand-off engineered solutions to the service delivery and operations teams
- Effectively understand & communicate strategic and global data network initiatives and infrastructure.
- Acts as a consultant for the development of solutions.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness.
- Works closely with Project Management Office and stakeholders to provide guidance and advice about infrastructure issues
- Manages other staff to achieve desired results.
- Provides levels II and III support for hardware and operating system issues.
- Documents operational procedures and hand-off to the operations group.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Cisco Switches and Routers, F5 Loadbalancers, Riverbed WAN Optimization and scripting is required. Public Cloud Infrastructures (IaaS and PaaS) is a big plus but will train the right candidate.
- Experience with AWS Cloudformation and Azure Quickstart templates are strongly desired
- Bachelors Degree